1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Be Our Guest Restaurant at New Fantasyland Testing New System for Counter Service ADRs

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The Be Our Guest restaurant in Beast's Castle at the New Fantasyland is reportedly trying out a new Advance Online Dining Reservation System for the lunchtime Counter Service. You make the reservation online and also put in your advance order for food.

The idea seems to be that you make your reservation for lunch, order your food and when you arrive you are given your rose. You then sit down and your previously ordered food is brought to you.

I can't say I like the idea of this myself, Counter Service restaurants are the only places we eat in WDW and it will be a shame of the trial is successful and this happens.

What do you think about the testing of this new system?
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i wouldn't like to see this happen for any other counter service restaurants as it reduces the ability to go with the flow but people were lining up at 10am to get a counter service meal there so to avoid that i think it's a good idea until the popularity dies down. Actually i don't think it ever will! The table service meal was my best dining experience at WDW....EVER
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

My comment on this is how on earth do I know exactly what I want to eat that far in advance? Thumbs down on this one.
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The counter service thing they are trying out is ridiculous. Either make the entire thing an ADR table service restaurant or keep it as is.
  5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I don't like this at all. What's wrong with just showing up for lunch, whenever you want, and THEN choosing what you want to eat.
  6. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I cam see why they're trying this. I guess they are just trying to be different and experiment with different ideas.
    That being said, not sure I like it ;)