1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Be Our Guest thumbs down

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Isafari, Jul 25, 2013.

1. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Ahh... OK.

Thanks. I think. :sigh:

Tom :)macwave:... I'll keep looking...)
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

crazy I know :( I'm hearing from CMs that demand is actually decreasing for BoG but that because of multiple reservations which are later cancelled, booking in advance is still near impossible. Now the cancellations OUGHT to mean that walk ins should start to be possible, but as we all know, they tend to hate allowing walk ins nowadays and deny them often when we can see lots of space in the restaurant itself.

If you're interested in going though Tom, I'd definitely advise phoning reservations early on the day itself or wandering by to see if they are allowing walk ins
  3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Thanks Keith. That's a good idea. :yes:

My DW and I are only going for one night on the Saturday when our cruise gets in. Since it docks early in the morning, we figured we'd just drive over to WDW, see the new Fantasyland, and spend one night before driving home on Sunday. I've already got ADR's at Boatwright's for that night but I thought if I could get one for BOG I could give my DW a choice. I'll keep trying in the meantime but if it comes down to that Saturday, I'll probably just ask my DW if she wants to try to get in at BOG or if she wants to keep Boatwright's.

Tom :)macwave:... it's a dilemma.)
  4. keith

Im gonna own up, I really liked my first experience at BoG. It's a new part of MK and it feels magical. The small rose room we were in was just AWESOME
  5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I can't wait until we go, I don't really mind which room we sit it, but I would love the Rose Room :D
  6. keith

It's going to be quite awkward for us this time. In theory since we've been to the smaller room, we should try the larger dining room and enjoy the snow falling outside the windows and things, but the rose room was SO brilliant
  7. Wendy

Please don't confuse me :lol: I think I fancy the rose room, maybe I will have to try for a walk up and go twice :D
  8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

It will be interesting, when we go in December, to compare the food/service to our trip there this February.
  9. Wendy

I will be interesting to hear what you think about it John :yes:

Keith, have you been once or twice now, I know you went at Christmas when they had just opened and really loved it, but I can't remember if you went in May :unsure:
  10. keith

Just once :yes: I couldn't get anything in May

I've booked twice for December for party nights
  11. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I have an ADR for 8/25 and after looking at the menu I am guessing that we will be ordering 4 Steak Frites. My party consists of my 12 year old daughter who loves Beauty and the Beast. Are allowed to request a certain room and if so which one do suggest we choose?
  12. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We were seated in the main room and we have no complaints....it was nice to see the "snow" falling outside the windows.
    The smaller room with the mirror and rose is also nice although many folks drift into there after dinner in the main room for photographs etc. which may annoy some of the diners there [although this wasn`t the case on our visit].
  13. keith

I must admit, there were always people taking photos of the rose. Our table was at the opposite end of the room so perhaps it would have been an annoyance if we'd been sitting closer
  14. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Which makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would you turn away a paying customer? :shrug1:
  15. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Blame a lot of it on the various pesky dining plans and the need to make an ADR months in advance.
    A server that I know at one of the signature restaurants told me that they were told to not accept walk ins under any circumstances. One evening due to the numerous "no shows", half of the staff had nothing to do all evening even though folks had to be turned away at the podium....utterly crazy IMHO.
  16. keith

cos the CMs making the decision in the restaurant aren't pocketing the profits ;-) and would rather have a nice quiet life, easy to deal with 1/2 empty restaurant than working hard to manage a completely full one.

I've seen this happen time and time again.

Just a couple of examples ;-) looked at availability for the brown derby in May before we went to the park. bags of availability at any time in the afternoon. Walked into the restaurant, I'd say it was not even 1/3 full.... the lady behind the counter was telling everyone that they didnt accept walk ins. I said to her can we BOOK a table? "yes but only an hour in advance". I said come on , empty restaurant, this is really daft? so she called over her manager who looked at me like I'd asked her to turn water into wine, and said there would be NO walkins. I asked why when the restaurant was empty and she just said that was the policy. So I stood there, made a reservation an hour forward on my iphone and asked how early I could check in. They looked at me and said SHHHHH I'll get you checked in early in 30 mins as if it was the biggest favour.

sci-fi diner... I had a reservation, stood there and was being checked in. A load of people were being turned away.... as she led us into the restaurant I saw it was literally 1/2 empty. Not in ANY WAY packed and I Said wow I thought it'd be packed out! she said nah but we HAVE to handle the reservations, no one's paying us any more to handle walkins. As she said it, another lady said thats true but a few more gratuities would be welcome.

So I really think it's just low-middle management making stupid decisions. Easier for them to manage a 1/2 full restaurant than a completely full one even though DISNEY would Im sure prefer the latter (As would the guests trying to walk in).

Silly! like the situation for couples at Disney. We go online and try to book a table for 2.. no availability. Try 3 people and LOADS of room because the stupid system wont put a 2 on a table for 4.
  17. Figment

Figment Imagineer

So sorry you had a bad experience. We were there in June and just loved it! My niece and I each had the steak, and my son had the pork. We all loved our food and will definitely be going back.

We had an ADR for 2 and while we waited in line to check in (and ask if we could make it for 3 instead), I heard them allow two walk in couples and I heard them turn away a party of 5. When I checked in and asked about the additional person I was told yes, but it might be a bit of a wait. It wasn't really...not more than 15 minutes...and I've waited longer for an ADR at other places.