1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Beach Club vs Yacht Club?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Beachbeat, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Beachbeat

Beachbeat Earning my ears

Does anyone prefer one resort over the other and why?

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I would love to stay at either one. :D Perfect location for both.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Welcome to Disney Secrets!

Both are in a great location it has to be said :) I was a bit disappointed with the yacht club though. Once inside, there's very little "hotel" and it's pretty much room->lobby->out so not much of an experience in and of itself. It's dark, but I didn't mind that, and of course further from EPCOT than the beach club.

If I had the choice again I'd stay at the Beach club. Light and airy, closer to EPCOT etc.

4. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

:Iagree: with Keith here. BC is my favourite hotel and I've spent some time looking at the YC but do find the interior of the lobby etc quite dark . They're both great locations but the BC because of its interior design makes me feel good and of course there is Cape May. Having said that there is also Yachtsman Steakhouse at YC which is another great place to eat. Still going for the BC though :thumbsup:

5. MyMinnie

MyMinnie Earning my ears

I've only stayed at the Beach Club but having walked round the YC, it seems a bit more stuffy and not as welcoming. Loved the Beach Club though, cannot recommend it highly enough. :)

6. V-1

V-1 Earning my ears

This is great news for us as this will be our fist time onsite.
    Can't wait :excitedbed:

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Another vote for the Beach Club. :yes: The YSH is a lovely restaurant and is nearest the Beach Club, so that helps. :D

We love the pool for it's uniqueness, and the quiet pools too. :yes: The Beach Club is very light and airy with high ceilings and fabulous CMs. :yes: It is the closest to our favorite World Showcase with an easy 3-5 minute walk to the international gateway, or you can take a ferry. :yes:

We love Cape May for it's clam bake dinner, and great breakfast! :yes: It's a character breakfast to boot (with great character interaction). :yes:

Hurricane Hannah's is the poolside snack bar and has great drinks too. The little Beaches and Cream soda shop style restaurant has a limited menu, but some fabulous cheeseburgers and sundaes!!! The Kitchen Sink is the largest sundae available and it's quite a show stopper! :yes:

The Yacht Club is not a "bad" resort by any means, just not my favorite by a long shot. It's meant to replicate a yacht, which it does quite well, but that then means lots of dark wood and low ceilings. Makes for a claustrophobic sort of experience. For some reason it seems shabby "over there" not sure why, the carpets or worn furniture might have something to do with that.

The Crew's Cup Lounge which is attached to YSH is a great place for a pre or after dinner drink as is Martha's Vineyard over at the Beach Club.

So, all that to say, Beach Club! Beach Club! Beach Club!!!

8. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Well I'm off to the stuffy YC in nine days, for the second time...and can't wait :)

If money were no object it would be the GF but I'll make do with two weeks at the YC. HRH and BLT with a MK view :)

9. V-1

V-1 Earning my ears

I hope you have a wonderful time:happydance:

10. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

You`ll have a great time Debbie.
    We love the equally "stuffy" GF and have stayed there oodles of times, however many folks who deem certain resorts as "stuffy" have probably never stayed there and experienced the warmth of the staff and overall atmosphere of the places.

11. chitowngirl

chitowngirl Earning my ears

Since my first trip to Disney World was just last week and we stayed at the Yacht Club.... I'm very partial to that resort! :yes: We did frequent the Beach Club, Polynesian, Grand Floridian and the Contemporary, which are all wonderful resorts... but, I still loved the Yacht Club the best!

12. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

That's the way it seems to go. :yes: The place you stay first is quite often your favorite. I know it worked for me with the Beach Club! :D :D

13. chitowngirl

chitowngirl Earning my ears

I think location was a big part of it too, since we loved EPCOT... The Beach Club was really nice, as I was in and around it just about every day! I loved their Marketplace (only wish I discovered that sooner) and the dinner buffet at Cape May Cafe was great. Even though I am partial to the YC, either one, YC or BC, are fine with me LOL :)