Being Sully sized

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World and Disney Springs' started by BevW, Sep 8, 2014.

1. BevW

BevW New Member

Former Disney Castmember!
    Quick question, (I don't know if I've even asked this already! Old brain is my excuse) ya'll know I'm heading to WDW in Oct, and I need to find out about Pooh sized folks. My SIL is 6' and about 300 lbs mostly in his belly. We need to know if he'll have problems with rides. I know Mission: Space is a tight space in the ride, and most of the rides I've seen folks doing just fine getting in and out.

Since my DD and I are planning this trip, we need to know which ones to avoid.

Thanks bunches!!!

2. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    I've never had any issues at Disney at all. Tight, yes, awkward often, but none have prevented me from riding.

At Universal, on the other hand, I can't get on any of the fun rides :(.

3. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

One thing Disney have in the favour at the moment is they seem to cater for more different sized people than universal.

We had difficulty on forbiden journey and we arn't the biggest. We just about got on it.

4. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Bev, I can't believe you are there in October this year!

5. BevW

BevW New Member

Thanks guys for the info, this takes a huge load off our minds.
    And Wendy, can you believe it! I haven't been to WDW since 2011, and for Disney nuts, that's FOREVER!! It started out as a "Girls" trip, just me and 2 of my DGD's, but when the free dining thing popped up, the girls Mom decided it was time for a family trip. She hasn't been to WDW since she was 15 or 16 I believe...FOREVERRRRRR LOL
    I'm so excited and my 3 yr old DGD who's NEVER been is just ecstatic about her first trip EVER! Yes, we've been showing her WDW albums from all the times we've gone and YouTube videos about the rides. She also knows that she wants a Dole Whip! She cracks me up. She also wants us all to dress up in costumes...SO not happening.

6. Johnie

Johnie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Vocational Counselor
    Mission Space has a surprising amount of space.

I'm Pooh sized and the only issue I have at Disney is getting out of the rocket on Space Mountain and that's due to my bad knee.

7. BevW

BevW New Member

SIL has bad knees also, so this is really good to know. thanks!!

8. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Well-Known Member

Retired NYPD Detective
    I'm a big boy (6'1 280 lbs.) and I really have never had a problem fitting on the rides at WDW. I agree that getting in and out of Space is a bit tough but doable.
    Over at Universal the Harry Potter ride is very snug. The safety harness needs to click 3x and that third click makes it very tight on my chest if I were wearing anything but a tee and I wouldn't be able to get on the ride.

9. BevW

BevW New Member

Good thing we're not doing Universal. We had talked about it, but we don't have enough time to do everything we want to. Sounds about right for everyone. LOL

10. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Dazzling everyone with my sheer awesomeness :D
    On a Disney Cast Member site they see a larger proportioned person they call discreetly and in some kind of code I believe for a larger ride IE: Rock and Roller coaster. So when they see you coming they are prepared and no one gets humiliated.

11. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

I'm glad they do it discreetly at Disney.

I remember one time we went to a local theme park here called Drayton Manor and went on this new little rollercoaster they just opened. There were six in a car. As I was waiting for them to complete the safety checks I noticed a small lighting chart with a small sticker by the side of one of the lights.

It basically showed when each seat was locked. However they had a lable on one of the lights called the 'fat #@?!>?' seat.

Couldn't believe it.

Another time when we went to Alton Towers we were riding Rita and my step dad was asked to leave the ride because his shoulders were too big and they couldn't close the safey harness properly. They marched him passed everyone in the queue. Felt really sorry for him.

As I say I'm glad Disney are discreet.

12. Vikki

Vikki Well-Known Member

I know what you mean Oreo. We were at Alton Towers in the summer on the mine train. There was a larger lady on it and they couldn't get the safety bar down. They kept pushing on it, but there was no way it was going down, so they apologied and told her they wouldn't be able to accommodate her. The members of staff looked just as embarrased as the poor lady.

13. BevW

BevW New Member

This really helps guys. SIL is so excited about this trip...its his first (he didn't know when he married into this family how Disney Goofy we all were). I just want this to be perfect!

14. Figment

Figment New Member

The only thing at Disney that I absolutely could NOT ride was the rollercoaster simulator at Disney Quest. Not even sure it's still around. I do have problems getting off Space Mountain (ask if you can sit in the very front of the rocket...more room) but as Johnie said, that is mostly my knee issue. Sometimes it takes me quite a while to get off, but I have never been made to feel self conscious.