1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best Airline Companies

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Tink, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Agree with the Jet Blue ranking. I will actually make an effort to fly them when possible - even at a slightly higher cost/less convenient time than other flights. If I can't fly Jet Blue - I'll fly whatever is most economical, or has the best flight times/departure locations. Except Spirit. Or Frontier. Personally, I don't even consider them airlines.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We are on Jet Blue for our upcoming flight to NY. I like them quite well. Never have flown Spirit, but Herself's Aunt does and I'll never understand why. By the time they are done nickel and diming you, the ticket costs as much as another, better airlines.

However, if you are flying within Florida, or from Florida to a few points north, DO NOT use Silver Airlines. They make Spirit look like the QEII. Seriously. Had a terrible time with them when I went to Tallahassee a bit ago. Delayed out of Orlando for three hours (where they had time to notify everyone and did not) and then canceled out of Tallahassee with a rebook and flight into CHARLOTTE? HUH??? That is after I'd called four times (including 4:00 am the morning of) to confirm the flight as I'd already learned not to trust them. Totally useless service and clearly no one knew what the other was doing. Had to switch to AA and fly into Miami to get back to Orlando. :hopmad:

Oh, and as an aside, Miami Airport charges $6.00 for a small bottle of water in the AA wing. :eek: