1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best chinese restaurant in disney orlando

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by mgmjim, Mar 4, 2010.

1. mgmjim

mgmjim Earning my ears

sorry for the dumb questions but is there a really good chinese in disney or just outside???? we know there is one on international drive but think that may be too far

2. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We ate at the Nine Dragons in Epcot last year and had a very pleasant meal. :thumbsup:

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They are not dumb questions at all! :hug2: That's what we are here for, to answer whatever questions we can. :yes:

I'm happy to hear you had a good meal MystikPiglit! We've not been there in several years, so can't comment. We didn't care for our meal there the last time...

Not too many good Chinese restaurants around.

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

We're yet to find a REALLY good one. PF Changs is always good, though predictable and somewhat pricey for what it is.

In the end, after having tried a lot of AWFUL "super buffets" we've ended up going to Dragon Court. It's very close to downtown disney so doesnt cost much to get to.

They advertise it as a super buffet but it really isn't :) there's enough choice but not so much that you start to wonder how long must some of it have been there. They replace the food regularly and it's always the same people, the family who own it I guess. They're very attentive and helpful.

Would I go so far as to say it's the best Chinese food ever? argh no :( I never think Chinese food lends itself to being put out in a buffet, but it's at least good and very good value too.

Dragon Court Orlando | Chinese Restaurant & Super Buffet

Attached Files:

5. Tink

If you care to venture forth, you can find some fairly authentic and very nice Asian food in downtown Orlando. I'll be sending you to the east side of I 4 so go during the day and keep a sharp eye. However, I used to work in that immediate area and never had a problem.

Thai Sea is on 50/Colonial East (just west of Semoran which is the road that runs to the airport-just to give you a location feel). There are many other Vietnamese and Thai restaurants in that general area. A few blocks of that highway are referred to as Little Vietnam.

6. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i really dont mind the one in epcot, florida mall and mall at millenia, at all three it didnt stay on the plate very long i can tell you. :D

7. keith

Well nine dragons can be variable and I dont think it's worth Disney prices BUT yeah, it's ok I admit :D

Mall at millenia and florida mall both have nicely priced food hall Chineses it's true :) as does the premium outlet mall close to Disney although they all feel like total MSG overload ;)

8. ukwdwnut

is nine dragons the outdoor one? i found its menu wasnt as good last trip, so scrub that one

9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

No Mick, 9 Dragons is a sit down restaurant.

10. keith

true but they do also have Lotus Blossom Cafe which is outside it and a quick service :yes:

11. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I quite like the nine dragons too but every time I'm there, it like an everlasting battle between myself and the staff there as they just seems to love refill my drink.

So I had to make a point by either hiding my cup or placing my hand on the top of the cup. :yes:

Otherwise it is fab place to eat :)

Jeff

12. ukwdwnut

thats the one we always go to then, my fave dish wasnt on the menu so didnt eat there :(

13. Tink

I used to like the udon noodle soup at Yaki Tori House (the counter service in Japan). Haven't had it in some time though, so don't know if it's still good, or even on the menu. They do like to change things up at WDW, and not always for the best.