1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best counter service place?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by littleangel, May 6, 2010.

1. littleangel

littleangel Earning my ears

everyone has been suggesting great places to eat but theyre a bit expensive for our budget :(

Are there any good quick service places in the parks to look for or are they all the same really?
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

There are lots of different ones all over WDW, if you have a look in the menus section you can look at menus. It's not all burger and chips! Entrees are around $10 so IMO are quite reasonable
  3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

We like teh chinese counter services - the noodle bar in MK or the one in Asia in AK or the Chinese pavillion - always a good place to get veggies :yes:
  4. Britchick

just been thinking- if i were in the parks right now i would go to

MK- El pirate y el perico for a taco salad
    cosmic rays for chicken and mashed potato
    caseys for a hot dog

Epcot

well where do you start- particular fave is tangerine cafe for one of their platters.

Hollywood Studios- mmm not a fave here really but would go to studio catering company or pizza planet

Animal Kingdom - flame tree bbq, Yak and Yeti (haven't tried yet but will do)

Downtown Disney- wolfgang puck express for rotisserie chicken and mash potatoes.
  5. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

are there many vegetarian options or am I in the wrong place to expect that :lol:
  6. Britchick

7. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Spot on Brit - have to say the US as a whole I have found is not as replete with vegetarian options as over here
  8. Britchick

i was just looking actually and couldn't find many options on the counter service menus:thumbsdown:

a great place in the UK for vegetarians is Las Iguanas- it's a latin american bar/grill type. I had the most amazing artichoke and asparagus fajitas on Saturday night. They had lots of options
  9. Clare-Swindlehurst

Clare-Swindlehurst Earning my ears

I love eating at Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland - Sunny Eclipse puts on a great show.

I think the counter service places are mostly on a par - although if you're a burger fan Pecos Bill's has the best burgers on property - and an awesome toppings bar.

If you're looking for veggie options Tusker House at DAK is supposed to be good in that respect.
  10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Hmmm favorite counter service places:

Epcot:
    Tangerine Cafe in Morocco is quite nice. As is Sunshine Seasons in The Land.

MK:
    I am particularly fond of Pecos Bill. They have a toppings bar which I love.

DHS:
    Can't say that I actually have a favorite here. We usually eat table service here

AK:
    The counter service outside of Yak and Yeti is ok. Cheaper than the restaurant.