1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best dinner show?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by disneymom, Sep 22, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

We would like to do one of these but really worried since we've heard the food is totally awful in them all

are any of these any good at all

hoop dee doo
    luau
    seaworld luau
    medieval times
    pirates
    capones show
  2. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Out of those I have only done the Hoop de Doo and it was great, we are going again next year :p015: The food was fine, the salad they served was lovely.

We did an off site one - Wild Bills I think it was called, years ago and it was pretty awful.
  3. Keith

Keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Best would be either the hoop dee doo or the disney luau.

The hoop dee doo has the best food of that lot in my opinion! Nice chicken, bbq beans, ribs and they structure the show around you eating so you dont miss anything

The Luau is a step down for food with rice and chicken but it's still good and worth going to

The seaworld luau is a bit more authentic but still a world away from the real thing

Medieval times is a piece of chicken eaten with your hands and I seem to remember a potato. It's not great although the show itself is one of the more fun ones
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I have been to several of these.

HDDR at WDW is awesome. We've been several times and will be going again on Fri!!

I've been to the luau at Royal Pacific Resort (Universal). It was good but it had to be moved inside due to the weather. I think it would have been better outside.

I've been to Medieval Times in California. I imagine they are the same everywhere. You do have to eat with your hands. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There was a soup, garlic bread, baked potato and chicken. The show wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

We've been to Pirates. I enjoyed that better than Medieval Times.

Capones is lots of fun. It was also significantly cheaper than the others. They usually have buy one get one free coupons. I'd do that one again as well.
  5. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

personally thought pirates quite good fun - arabian nights was a bit 'classier' - food very average at both really
  6. Grammiepo

Grammiepo Daisy Inspector

Loved Medieval Times, but maybe that was cause the knight picked me, for his lady.
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well then! And you've been keeping your Royal Status from us?! :eek:

Have done Medieval Times. The best part was the falcon. Incredible bird. Don't like eating with my hands. :sorry: Particularly don't like eating with my hands in a dust filled stadium. It is overall fun though. Kids really like it. :yes:

The Seaworld Luau was ok. The entertainment was quite nice, but we don't much care for dining family style with strangers. :sorry:

Fussy persnicketys aren't we? :spring:
  8. Grammiepo

Grammiepo Daisy Inspector

I think it was just a matter of being in the right seat,:lol: but be that as it may, what with the roses :rose2:and the crown:frogprince: (which I still have) and the extra treatment my group got, :333:with seeing the horses up close and being lead out of the room by MY knight, it was just great. After all he had won, :3:the right . Wonder if they still do all that,:confused: it was several years ago.:uhh:
  9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Wow! That sounds like so much fun!!! I don't remember if they did that when we went. It too was quite some time ago. :yes: