1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best disney restaurant for kids?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disneymom, Aug 8, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

I dont think Ive ever seen a list anywhere of good restaurants for kids? I know most of them have a kids menu but Im looking for somewhere to keep them occupied too

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I'd say it depends....what do you want to keep them occupied with? Their food? Characters? The surrondings? And how old are they?

For instance, my 'lets who are now 15 & 9 LOVE LOVE 50's Prime Time Cafe. There are no characters, but they NEVER EVER get bored due to the interaction between the servers and the guests....they've enjoyed this restaurant since they were old enough to understand the "banter" but for younger children, it might be lost.

Same goes for Sci Fi Dinner....this is now a MUST DO for the kids each trip....but a few years ago, my DD would tremble every time we walked by the entrance.

For rambunctious kiddos who enjoy characters and don't mind chaos...I'd say Chef Mickey's is hard to beat.

For ones who are a bit more reserved by still like the characters, I think Crystal Place is a lovely place to start.

Toy Story's Pizza Planet will definitely keep them occupied, but beware.....TAKE LOADS OF QUARTERS.

It's all about "how" you want them to be occupied :D :D

3. Beccaberry

Most restaurants will have *something* to break up the evening and entertain them...

For instance Ohana has the coconut race and hula dance.

Whispering Canyon has....hmmmm....can't remember now....some sort of race...all I can think of right now is being made to ride round the restaurant on a stick pony because it was my birthday :rolleyes: They also have unlimited all you can drink milkshakes...my kid's personal favorites :D

4. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Please take me with you when you go - or I'll go with the kids - I have wanted to do this ever since my first trip and I haven't managed it yet! :wave:

5. Beccaberry

LOL....I think we were sending the kids there one night for dinner so we could have a "proper meal" LOL, but you're welcome to go too!

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Did we actually plan that? Or did we nix it? I wonder if we could get it Sat the 4th for lunch?

Whispering Canyon has all sorts of antics. They threw straw at us. They made our table sing "itsy bitsy teeney weeney polka dot bikini" everytime he pointed at us. Lots of moving around of ketchup

Attached Files:

7. Beccaberry

HEHEHE CUTE PICTURE!

8. DB`S BOY

DB`S BOY Earning my ears

One of my favourite meals was at Crystal Palace i would go there over and over again.

The Food, Atmosphere, Characters and themeing were all great.