1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best Downtown Disney Restaurant

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Disfan, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

I am having difficulty deciding what restaurant to make reservations for at DTD for my upcoming December trip. I did purchase Deluxe DDP so it must accept th plan. In you opinion, what is the best restaurant at DTD and why?

Any suggestions and info will be appreciated !!

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You know? This is a really tough question!!!

Puck's Cafe used to be wonderful, but with the advent of the dining plan, they've changed their menu significantly and the last time we were there we were terribly disappointed. The quick serve is still ok, but it's not full service, of course.

Bongo's is where we like to go for lunch when we want to carb overload! :lol: They do a very nice Cubano Sandwich (but only at lunch).

We don't care for Rainforest or T Rex (both essentially the same with different themes). Too loud, poor service and the food doesn't interest us.

We like Cooke's of Dublin for Fish and Chips, but again, it's not a full service restaurant. The indoors of Raglan Rd, is but we were not thrilled with their entrees. We like their appetizers though.

We've not dined at Fulton's or Captain Jack's in so long anything I'd have to say would be very out of date. We stopped going as the food at Fulton's was stupidly overpriced, and the food at Jack's was poorly prepared.

House of Blues was so bad (about a year ago) that I could not eat my dinner, nor could anyone else in our party of 7. :(

Jeez. I'm not much help at all. I'm going to stop and let someone else come along who may be more positive! :sorry:

3. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I've tried most and the one I like the best is Bongo's. Love their drinks and their food is very good. Love their fried pork appeteizer.

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

:yeahthat: but, at the moment, they're not on the DDP

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Don't know if Portobello Yacht Club is on the DDP or not but we really like it.

6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Pleased to hear that John. We've never been before but have an ADR there in December for after Cirque.