1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best hotel with small kids?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by meeshybee, Jul 13, 2009.

1. meeshybee

meeshybee Earning my ears

So it's getting to be almost official planning time for our trip. :thumbsup: Yay!! Pricing still isn't available for Jan '10 yet. I'm seem to vaguely remember that the new theme is announced in August so maybe prices will be available then?

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out which hotel would be best with our small children. They will be 4 and 2 1/2 at trip time. I really really want monorail access to try to minimize travel time between the room and the parks. Water parks aren't really a factor in January.

TIA!

2. premier travel

premier travel Forum Advertiser

Hi Michelle prices are available for Jan 2010. Depending on your budget to where to stay, Port Orleans is very very popular for next year.

If you need any help pls let me know as we can cost it all for you

regards
    Kim

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

ummm.... If you want a monoriel resort, I would pick the Contemporary, because you can either ride the monoriel or simply walk to MK.

4. KatMark

KatMark Earning my ears

We've stayed at two of the three monorail resorts -- the CR and the Poly (the GF holds no appeal for us--DH won't step foot in the place). We prefer the Poly over the CR all around. We like the rooms better, the layout of the resort, the restaurants, the pool, etc.

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've stayed at the Polynesian, and it was nice (we were given a complimentary upgrade to concierge!) but it's a large place and you could end up having a bit of a walk from the main building to the room. :yes:

We were disappointed in the swimming pool. :( There was no hot tub, and we're hot tub freaks, so if that's not a factor to you, it won't matter as much.

The beach area was nice, but be sure to keep the children well out of the bay water, ok? :sorry: It's nasty stuff.

I like Mari's idea of the Contemporary to be honest. The walk is very short, and the monorail is right there! I have come to understand that you'd want a room in the main building. Also, there is the new Bay Lake Towers (DVC) too. Not sure if they are taking reservations for those for non-members yet, but it should be happening any time now.

We've not stayed at the GF, but would like to one day. Slowhand, one of our moderators-he and his wife love the GF, so he'll be a good one to ask about it. :yes:

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'm a huge Contemporary Resort fan. I wasn't always that's for sure, they had to win me over.

First time we stayed, we had issues with the staff, the room and so on. Since then it's been great.

The main building is a lot nicer than the garden wing but more pricey too of course. The recent refurbs to the rooms have included flat screen computers in there and very nice decorations.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to walk to and from the magic kingdom. I can't overstate how much we love that little walk and it's great from a practical point of view when everyone else is having to queue for packed hot buses.

We love the restaurants especially california grill for fireworks but of course chef mickeys is there for the youngsters too. The shops are great, the bar is wonderful, the views are fantastic.

The weak point used to be the food court but that's been upgraded and you now select your items on a screen. They're then made for you as you wander round. They do the BEST steak sandwich YUM

View out of our window below :D but as you can see, it was perfect. We could lie in bed and watch the wishes fireworks out of the window. I fell asleep to the castle changing colours. perfect.

As Tink says, there's also the new Bay Lake Towers which is a DVC Resort but they are now taking non-member reservations :yes: we're booked in for November for an MK View studio so looking forward to that

Attached Files:

7. Tink

OOOOOOO! OOOOOO! OOOOOOO! You are staying at BLT in November!!!!??? OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Prepare thyself for GATE CRASH!!!!! LOLOLOL. :hug2:

8. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

MORE than welcome :yes: :hug2:

9. Tink

Oh. You. Are. Living. DANGEROUSLY saying that man! LOL.

You'll love the barkeep (Mike) at the Top of the World. ::yes:: He's wicked cool!

10. Freckles

Freckles Earning my ears

Monorail resorts are GREAT! I wish we could have stayed in one when our kids were younger...taking advantage now though!!! Anyway, I think that the Contemporary would be the least expensive...I LOVE the Polynesian. I think the Grand Floridian is too stuffy for me...always tell my kids don't even sneeze in there!!! I think it depends on your preference-theme wise that is!!!