1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best luggage to buy?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by disnut, Jul 10, 2011.

1. disnut

disnut Imagineer

We want to buy some new luggage and this will be a good chance to buy smaller cases - the large cases we have were really good for the 32kg days gone by but they're a pain for the 23kg because I keep overfilling them

I'm really looking for light luggage with good wheels so any advice of some good ranges would be great to hear about.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I really like the Tumi line. It's pricey but wears like iron, and comes with an impressive warranty. :yes:

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Ooops, meant to add that I also use a Delsey rolling garment bag. It's the same general quality as a Tumi, but I was lucky enough to find it on sale, so went with that brand instead of the Tumi garment bag.

The Tumi I have is an odd brownish color. Defies dirt and always looks nice. The Delsey is a silver and looks horrible from scuffs in the luggage hold.

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I highly recommend Samsonite.
    Their warranty is second to non. A couple of years ago they sent me replacement wheels for one of my suitcases that had been broken f.o.c., despite the case being several years old. :thumbsup:

5. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I have one from matalan, can't remember the brand but it is one of their 'ultralight' ones and is ridiculously light. I've filled it and still been under the 23kg limit :thumbsup: