1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best moderate hotel at Disney?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by jojo, Jun 29, 2009.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

we're looking around but probably wont be able to get a deluxe this time :( whats the best moderate resort we could book?

2. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

We like Port Orleans Riverside the best when it comes to moderates.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've not stayed at any moderates yet, but all of them have nice options to recommend them. :yes: Much will depend upon your personal preference for themes, size, room layout, number in your party, etc. :yes:

My brother stayed at POR (never can remember which side :spring: ) and it was lovely. We've visited Caribbean Beach (and had family stay there) and it's lovely too. Very island theme, and lively. Large resort, as is Coronado Springs with it's South American theme and unique "food court." :yes:

I'd say go with which ever one has the best offer for the time you want to visit! :yes:

4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Here's another vote for Port Orleans Riverside. :yes:

It's actually our favorite resort!

Tom :)mawave:... y'all come back now... ya' hear!)

5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I have visited 3 but have only stayed at CS. I don't really like the theming of CS, but the food court was fantastic. And you can't beat their hammocks. :yes:

I liked the feel of French Quarter, but not of Riverside.

6. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We've stayed at POFQ, POR and CSR. We liked Coronado Springs the best. Everyone has different opinions though. Tink's advice was a good bet. :yes:

7. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

I've heard nothing but praise for Port Orleans Riverside. Will be staying there for the first time on Friday night and will let you know how it was.

8. catrancher

If you're staying there this Friday night and get a chance, drop by the River Roost lounge and see Yehaww Bob.
    He's there from 8:30 to midnite and a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Tom :)macwave:... play it again, Sam!)

9. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I havent stayed in any, but, I most people who have stayed and Port Orleans LOVE IT!!

Ive heard that Coronado SPrings is too large, and receives many convention guests, so, it might not be very Disney like
    About Caribbean Beach... the pool is fantastic, but it is a very VERY large resort

10. DisneyFreak

Thanks rancher! We'll try and check him out. I do remember reading something about him.

11. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

We have stayed at both Caribbean and PORFQ. Both were very nice, but to be honest, CB is a bit big, we had a long walk to the themed pool and food court. You can't beat PORFQ in my opinion.:thumbsup:

12. disaholic

disaholic Earning my ears

we realy liked port orleans riverside but coronada springs however you spell it lol was great too. it ws really nice at evening because we could walk round the lake

13. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

We really liked POFQ with my 2 year old! It was the perfect size resort for traveling with a small child. THe rooms were really nice and I loved the look of the 'street's. The food court was good and the pool was the perfect size for the resort.

I really fell in love with CSR! I never thought twice about it but ended up booking there last March. The grounds are beautiful. The rooms will all be completly re-furbed by the Fall and have queen sized beds! The pool area is amazing!! Just amazing!! We even liked the PepperMarket. Thought it was fresh and huge portions! I just can't say enough nice things about CSR!

14. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Im in the same situation at the moment. I cant choose! I loved Coronado last year, absolutely loved it. It is large but we had an ideal spot between the main pool and the main building. I want to try another mod next year but my problem with P.O is that it is too far from my favourite parks - AK and HS. I didnt like CBR a lot so I am lost as to what to choose. Yikes!

Margaret

15. foreverducky

You can always stay at Coronado again. :D I so loved the Pepper Market....yum the nachos were so delicious, in fact, I ate them several times.

16. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I could but I so want to try somewhere different. I would love to try Port Orleans but the distance from the parks we spend so much time in is definitely an issue. I LOVED Pepper Market. It is such a good CS choice.

Margaret

17. foreverducky

I know how that is, I definitely try different ones too. The Port Orleans resorts are closer to DTD, and do allow for a nice boat ride. :D But in the big scheme of things, one is not really too far from any of the parks.

18. Mandy

Mandy Earning my ears

Another vote for POR, we stayed there in 2007 in one of the Mansion building (Oak Manor) it was lovely, the landscape is beautiful. We would definitely recommend this resort. :)

19. DisneyFreak

We only caught a portion of his show but it was very funny! The lounge was packed and he had most everyone involved. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

I would stay at the POR again. The grounds were beautiful and it made for a pleasant, although quite hot, bike ride. I was impressed with the selection of food at the food court. We got a very good steak salad. We had a corner room on the waterway. The rooms could stand a refurbish (paint, carpet, etc...also we could hear the toilet flush from either the room next door or above) but it was a good size and even included a small fridge and coffee maker. The only other thing we noticed was there were no towels at our quiet pool. I had to go looking for a castmember in order to get some towels. We were there for two hours and still no one ever brought a replenishment for the pool area. The castmembers were very nice here and we were even able to check into our room at 11am!!! I loved that.

20. catrancher

Glad you enjoyed it! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... hey, you, where you from? Really! Me too!)