1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best navigation gps for orlando and disney?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by wishonastar, May 22, 2011.

1. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

Hiya :) so we need a new navigation gps system and were thinking to get one that'll work in orlando and disneyworld. The main ones seem to be tomtom or garmin, does anyone have these? which one works great out there please?

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I have always bought garmin, and have found them to be reliable. Just an fyi, but I like the ones with the street names that are spoken, instead of the version where they say, "turn in 500 feet." Most have those nowadays.

3. iluvdisney

iluvdisney Imagineer

we've always had tom tom over here in the UK but I've no idea if it'd work over there

4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We've got a Garmin Nuvi which is a few years old now. It came with Europe and North America Maps so we bought the lifetime update for maps, which I think cost something like £99. It means we can update the maps as often as we like, and there are revisions sometimes twice a year, It's well worth the money :yes: