1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best of the Disneyworld values?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Cinderella94, May 10, 2011.

1. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 Earning my ears

I know that we should really try and upgrade to moderate but we cant afford it this time around

Can anyone help with which is the best of the value? all star sports movies music or pop century?

How close are they to the parks ?

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

It's just my opinion (obviously) but I don't feel that anyone should upgrade to a moderate. The values are so much fun and feel like Disney. They are larger than life and are so full joy!

I have stayed at the Music on several occasions. From my understanding the values are very similar to each other. Keep in mind that the All Stars share buses and the Pop does not share with any other resort. That being said, I did not have bus troubles at the Music. I feel that the buses came quickly. The only exception might be a longer wait period for a DTD bus during the middle of the day. Once the evening approaches the DTD buses seems super quick. I think that has to do just with the idea of going to DTD during the day.

3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

My DW and I have stayed at the Pop Century and enjoyed it. I will say however that we prefer Port Orleans (it's a moderate). But that's just personal preference. There was certainly nothing wrong with Pop Century and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Here's a link to just a few of the pictures I took of the resort during our stay.

Tom :)macwave:... I'd do it again too!)

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Pop century :yes:

5. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

We cant even justify the cost of a disney value so we always stay on international drive! It doesnt bother us though, the amount of time we are actually in the room is minimal so just somewhere convenient and clean is usually our criteria!

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The value resorts are very nice, from the themes and decorations to the food courts. As with anything else it will be personal preference.

We've enjoyed our stays at All Stars (Music and Sports) and Pop Century. :yes:

My favorite of those three was All Star Music.

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

This is just a me thing but I would rate them in this order:

All Star Sports
    Pop Century
    All Star Movies
    All Star Music

8. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

The only one I didnt like was Pop Century. I found it far too big and disliked the way the shop and food court were not separate. The guests exiting from the buses came through the shop so that area was always packed and the people using the food court seemed to use that area as an exit too. Talk about claustrophobic! I thought it was just me and the kids felt like that but I have seen the same complaint again and again. The food court however is excellent. As for the buses that were supposed to be much better than the All Stars; when we were there they were much worse. However they did admit to having issues at the time, but this wasnt rectified until close to the end of our stay.
    I havent stayed in AS Sports but my favourites in order would be
    All star Music - all the family loved it and we have stayed there twice
    All Star Movies - nice but just a little too big for us
    Pop - not a hotel I plan to return to.
    We have also stayed in Coronado Springs - lovely but we were blown away by POFQ which is the one hotel I would love to go back to.
    Ooops - just noticed that my favourites are the reverse of uscwest's!

Mags

9. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

Pop is the biggest at 2880 rooms. The main thing told to us by Disney was POP was going to fix what was wrong at the All Stars. So they built a huge resort compared to 1920 at some of the All stars with the music just over 1700 rooms. They all have their flaws but none of those should change your choice as all of these resorts will be fine and are well appointed at their price points.

10. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

We have stayed at all of the values and all of the moderates and the truth is I like the values better. They seem to be so electric and alive with the Disney Magic. I know some people feel that they are too noisy but I have lived in an apartment in NYC all of my life, the noise doesnt bother me at all. Now with that said it is really hard to pick one value over the others because they are pretty much the same. We pick Pop only because it is the newest one. We always have our car with us so I cant really help on which hotel bus is the best.