1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best of the villa resorts?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by luvthemansion, Feb 13, 2011.

1. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

we're really looking to stay in one of the dvc I think resorts at the villas, any idea which is the best out of
    boardwalk
    contemporary
    wilderness lodge
    kidani village
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, each that you have listed are nice for different reasons, with the exception of the Boardwalk.

We liked Bay Lake Towers for Gay Days because of its proximity to MK. It's nice, and very modern (almost to the point of being austere though) but not necessarily suited to a long stay.

Wilderness Lodge is cozy and wonderful with the great grounds, wonderful views of MK and the boat ride. :yes:

Kidani Village is the favorite of our seven year old. :yes: He LOVES the animals (and we do too) and the pool area. We love lounging there and could easily spend several days at the resort without ever missing the park!

We don't like the boardwalk at all, mostly because of its inconvenient layout and the hideous clown pool. The staff there are the least friendly (at least in our experience). We only stay there if there is absolutely no other availability for something like the Food and Wine Festival. :yes:
    So, no help at all then, was I? :sorry:
  3. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Earning my ears

we think kidani was the best cos the theme there means something if you know what I mean it's all about the animals :yes:
  4. reddi516

reddi516 Earning my ears

I agree with the comment on Disney's Boardwalk Villas :thumbsdown:although it was convenient for us to go to Epcot for the food and wine festival- the staff was horrible and stuff was missing from our room (due to housekeeping being less than detailed about making sure kids toys were not wrapped up in sheets) and they messed up our tickets to Mickeys not so scary party by putting it on the wrong day and we wasted time and a day when we should have been enjoying it.- I havent been int he rooms but the beach club pool is very nice and the area seemed nicer next time I'll just stay at my time share though.
  5. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

Surprised you didn't mention Old Key West! For me, this resort most embodies a home-away-from-home. The spaces are very large and the resort always seems to be pretty quiet.
  6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Totally agree with that.:yes:
    [I am a bit biased though as it has been our DVC "home" since 1992!]
  7. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

It's my folks' home resort as well, and ours through them on all our visits over the past 13 years. My wife & I are excited to buy into DVC ourselves soon!
  8. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

In which case..."Welcome Home!" :wiggle:
  9. Casey3557

Casey3557 Earning my ears

Here's another shameless plug for OKW from a besotted owner! :love2:

We've also stayed at the Boardwalk and Contemporary (CR - several times at the hotel over the years and at BLT in August 2009).

BLT - GREAT location. Resort is newest, with very (surprise!:smile:) contemporary furnishings. The studios are quite small by DVC standards and IMHO are best for only 2 people and perhaps 1 small child. Try to spring for a lake or MK view on a high floor if possible.

Boardwalk - GREAT location. We have not found the staff to be as personable as at other resorts or perhaps we've just had bad luck. Some folks find the clown at the pool to be off-putting. Lots of places to eat; easy to get to the EC and DHS by walking or watercraft and easy to get to BC and the Swan/Dolphin for other dining options.

I can offer no comments on the other two because we've not stayed at either one yet.