1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best Orlando Mall?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by mkTink, Jun 14, 2008.

1. mkTink

mkTink Earning my ears

Whats the best orlando mall to go for shopping?

We'll be staying at all star movies? are they all a really long way away if so we'll have to get a cab, how much would that be?

I've heard of premium outlet mall and think I've been past it but never been. :eek:

2. UKTim

UKTim Earning my ears

Premium outlets are really close to Disney so if you have to get a cab, it may cost you $20 or less versus $40 to get to one of the others. It's mainly designer clothes outlets not THAT much else but a decent food court with a subway which is nice after all that disney food

Florida mall is probably my favourite :D it has the best variety of shops, some expensive some not. JC penny there for cheapy clothes with loads of discounts. Apple store, camera store (ritz), chemist, book shop and so on. They also have a food court which isnt great and a ruby tuesday which is nice for a snack.

Mall at Millenia is a newer mall and much more upmarket. Again, less variety than the florida mall, mainly upmarket designer clothes stores. Apple store there too and some nice restaurants including cheesecake factory and p f changs.

3. MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse Earning my ears

The nearest mall to disney is the premium outlet mall which will cost $20 each way from all stars and take 10 minutes to get there. The mall at millenia and florida mall will cost about $40 each way and take 20-25 minutes to get there.
    The premium outlet mall has lots of designer wear but at much lower prices than the designer filled mall at millenia. You can get lots of bargains at the premium outlet mall and your pound goes a lot further.
    The florida mall is much bigger than both the premium outlet mall and the millenia mall and has both designer and non designer shops. I prefer this mall above the other two choices. There are plenty of places to eat as it has a large food court catering to every taste. The choices of shops are much more varied as well.
    If you like designer wear and love labels then the mall at millenia is for you. They have burberry,chanel,jimmy choo and for the diamond divas the sparkling "tiffanys". The ladies will be in heaven and their poor husbands credit cards will take a hammering. The mall at millenia comprises a fantastic chinese restaurant called pf changs and also the lovely chessecake factory with a vast menu. They also have a small food court.
    All three places have something for everyone so wherever you choose you will have a great shopping experience. Happy shopping !!!!

4. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

I like the Florida mall the best.

5. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i like florida mall, prime and premuim outlets

6. cathydisneynut

cathydisneynut Imagineer

Most definitely another vote for the Florida Mall! Although I would not attempt to visit without a car.

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

If you are going to take a cab to the Premium Mall (or any mall) it's best to get one from DTD. It'll be somewhat less expensive.

Much of determining where you want to go is to decide on what it is you want to purchase. Some malls are better suited for some purchases than others. Premium Outlet is a mall set up (open air) but it is an outlet setting. For the most part you get seconds and merchandise made for an outlet shop and not things that you'd find in a full retail mall. Personally, other than the Disney shop there, I'm not a huge fan of Premium. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of shopping at all.

Unless it is for food. :D

8. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I like Premium Outlets, but as others have said it's mostly clothing. But there's a Starbucks there which makes it a winner in my book. :D

If you're looking for a more varied place then the Florida Mall will probably be your best bet.

9. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

& subway which is REALLY nice after all the Disney burgers :)

The Florida Mall is my favourite though. Loads of different stores, apple store for those who like that :) (and multiple starbucks!)

10. keith

This is a really good tip! It can save $25 each way or so depending on which resort you're staying at!

11. Andy _B

Andy _B Earning my ears

It really depends on the type of shop.

We have to get some Vans Skate stuff and so go the the Festival mall which has a Vans Skatepark

12. keith

which one's the festival mall Andy? not sure I've heard of that one

13. Andy _B

Andy _B Earning my ears

Right at the top end of I Drive where it turns I think.

5250 International Dr # 650
    Orlando, FL 32819, United States

14. Tink

Festival Bay is on the right as you are headed toward Prime (formerly Beltz) outlets.

It has a few nice places to eat, depending upon your preferences (Dixie Crossroads is a fun place).

It seems to be struggling to stay alive, or perhaps find an identity? There are many open spaces and they have lost some of the vendors they used to have.

They do have the Bass Pro Shops, but that is more of a stand alone that has an entrance to Festival Bay. You can take the I Trolley there.

Sometimes when there is a huge event going on at the Orlando Convention Center, people will park at Festival Bay and take the Trolley to the Convention Center. Saves on parking and being caught in the chaos that can result.

15. keith

oooo ok good to know thanks! I like to know ALLLL the shopping places :happy0117:

16. Tink

There are more that are further away from the Greater Orlando area. There is the state's largest flea market in Webster, Florida. It's only open on Monday's though. Asolutely HUGE! :eek: