1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best parade and fireworks viewing spots

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disneymom, Feb 9, 2009.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Im almost afraid to ask such a far reaching question :sorry: Im sure the information is out there but I cant find it so im hoping my friends here can help me

I need to make a list of places to be at to see the parades and fireworks at each of the parks. Id like to take photos if its possible to get that close but I cant wait for three hours on the street either waiting for a position

so do you have any advice on where to go and stand? :hug2:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

EPCOT is the easiest, as nearly anywhere around the World Showcase lagoon will give you a good spot. Be alert to trees. They can block your view, as can the buildings in some cases. For example, if you stand to the Canada side of the UK pavilion, you will have some of your view blocked by the Rose and Crown, and the cove of trees that are in that area.

MK. The best place to view Wishes is directly in front of the castle. How close you want to get is up to you. You will have to choose a place and wait a bit though. It's a hugely popular show and people start selecting their places a full hour (easily) before the PARADE that usually precedes the show.

Fantasmic at DHS is a show that requires you to stand on line for entry to the open air theatre. Not much to do to get around that.

No fireworks at AK, however the parade is loads of fun. Stand anywhere along the parade route (quite a long one) and you'll be fine. :yes:

If you are able to stand for long periods of time, you will do ok. It's the folks who need a place to sit that end up having to be very early to select a good viewing area.

Hope that helps a bit!

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

It always amuses me to see folks clamouring for a front row spot at Epcot when most of the action takes place at high level! :rolleyes:
    Personally we tend to hang out close to the bridge in between the UK and France to watch Illuminations as it tends not to be as crowded as right by the lake. Also as it is an elevated spot, you get a good view of the action.

I also find that it is less crowded at MK in Frontierland.

4. Tink

From Frontierland in MK, can you see all of Wishes, Slowhand? I've only ever been directly in front of the castle.

We like the bridge between the UK and France, too. :yes:

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Probably not ALL of Wishes Tink. As you said the prime spot is in front of the castle, however we saw quite a lot of the action from where we stood.

6. Tink

Thanks! :yes: It's good to know where the alternate places are. :yes:

7. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

We got caught behind the castle one year for the fireworks... it's a whole new show from that area I can tell you! :D

8. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

We like to watch SpectroMagic in Frontierland--somewhere in the vicinity of Country Bear Jamboree and Pecos Bill's. The planters with trees on the buildings side of the street make a good vantage point. You can sit while you're waiting and little ones can stand up during the parade. You do have to stake out a spot rather early if you want to sit. But if you aren't picky, you usually can walk up about 15 minutes or so before the parade reaches the area and have a decent view. After Spectro, we head over to the bridge between Frontierland and the Castle. Good view, but not perfect. Oh, and be sure to be at least midway on the bridge. Fireworks are launched from the Frontierland end of the bridge--scared us silly! :lol:

Frontierland also is a good spot for the 3:00 parade. Just watch out for the birds, okay? :evil:

At AK, discovered the area across from the entrance to Camp MinnieMickey was a good spot to view the parade. There usually is a performance of Festival of the Lion King almost immediately following the parade. You can make a beeline for the attraction as soon as the parade ends. No time for a refreshment or restroom stop, though. :thumbsup: Be sure to check the schedule for show and parade times to be sure this strategy will work. :)

IllumiNations, stay upwind of the smoke and look for a clear view of the lagoon.

Can't help with the DHS Block Party. Missed it on our last visit. And, as Tink said, you have to be at Fantasmic quite a while before show time now that it's shown only a few times each week. Even with the Fantasmic Dinner Package, you have to arrive earlier than prior year.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  9. Tink

Ooooooh! Upwind for Illuminations is excellent advice!!! You can have your view nearly completely obscured if you stand in the path of the smoke from the fireworks. :(

10. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

One of the Friendship boat captains told us that in 2003 and it stuck! :lol:

11. Tink

You'll only make the mistake once! :yes: :lol:

12. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

MK - Parade in Frontierland. We usually watch the Fireworks from the bridge to Tomorrowland.
    If you don't mind being behind the Castle go and have a seat near the Carousel. You can get a sundae from Mrs.Potts Cupboard too. Brilliant way to pass a while. :thumbsup:

13. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Different perspective of Wishes from Fantasyland. And significantly less crowded! :yes: