1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best place to eat at seaworld?

Discussion in 'SeaWorld/Discovery Cove/Aquatica' started by keith, Jul 12, 2009.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

OK, last time we went there we were starving and settled for eating at some pub looking place QUITE near the entrance I think. Well it was AWFUL.

There were a couple of girls behind the counter who had this "I hate being here" kinda look. They didnt reply to anything I said, just turned round and did their thing. Well the food was awful.

Thing is, I'm sure I remember last time we found a nice sit down restaurant somewhere :/ but you know the more I think about it, the more I realise I'm not sure at all and it was probably Busch Gardens :lol: oh well

So, any NICE restaurants at Seaworld?

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We usually just grin and bear the counter service at Sea World. It's just for one day and it gives more time to see the good stuff. :shrug:

3. keith

Ach I know you're probably right. I've heard that the sharks restaurant used to be pretty good but I don't know if it's all seafood.

It's perhaps awful, but we love dining out and the meals are part of the whole experience for us. The best thing I had at seaworld was the hotdog from the vendor by the shamu stadium and even then they moaned at me because I bought two alcoholic drinks one for me, one for DW and they had to SEE two people to make sure it was one drink each.

Honestly the place just amazes me

4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We're pretty sure we're going to do the Dine with Shamu meal next trip. It will break the day up for the boy and Adrian always likes anything where he can go back for more. :lol:

5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Keith, you love dinner shows so why don't you try the Makahiki Luau :)

6. keith

*well* we've been a few times and enjoyed it :yes: it's just on our next trip, I was thinking more of a nice lunch you see.

7. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

We loved dine with shumu. The food was very nice for a buffet as well. The only thing wrong when we went was it was very cold, not good for outdoor dining.

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We've never eaten in Sea World for much this same reason. We did have free tickets to the luau once, and did that (didn't do SW that day, just the luau in the evening) and it was ok. I'm not huge on eating with strangers at the same table, so that makes it tense for me. Plus, I found the luau food too sweet for my personal preference, but it wasn't terrible.

I've not ever heard anything good at all about SW. There is the counter service up where the complimentary beer tasting used to be. It has decent looking turkey sandwiches and the like. You might want to try there. Seating is catch as catch can, with some indoors and some outdoors. :yes:

9. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

We did the shark restaurant in 03 and loved it. The food was ok but the sharks swimming around and all the fish made up for it.

10. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

OO that sounds really good? can I find out more about the shark place somewhere? I think we'd really enjoy that

11. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

We had a nice meal at the Shark's grill but that was back in 2003. Well when I say nice, I mean the food was nice. My 3 year old at the time was very scared of the sharks in the tanks, so we couldn't really enjoy our meal as he kept asking for us to leave. I'm sure my DH had steak.

I'm sure you wouldn't be scared of the sharks. heeheehee!:unsure: This was a good few years ago so it might be terrible now for all I know. Not much help am I?:biggrin:

We really liked the food at dine with Shamu, the banana pudding/cake was lovely, although this would be a expensive lunch lol