1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best place to rent a reasonable priced villa?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by luvthemansion, Sep 19, 2011.

1. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

Not sure if this is even possible or wise but I'm looking around at villas and I can see some big ones which look amazing and rented by their owners. Great ok, but quite expensive too.

I've been told that I can save if I go through a tour company. Apparently it'll be cheaper but may not be quite to the same standard which is perhaps worrying but maybe liveable with to save the money.

Any recommendations?

2. malcolm

malcolm Villa Owner

Plus side of renting direct with owner is constant hands on direct dealing with personnel touch and always there to help with anything you may think you need no matter how small. You know where your staying what you have at your disposal and what is around your local area for shops and eating places.

With tour operator it's totally different, pay your money and often use crystal ball to see where your staying and no idea till you walk through the door to know what you have got.

Most owners like Arkvilla and myself don't rent to tour operators due to poor rates and often have to repair damage that can exceed rental rate. This is why so many tour operated villas are in poor condition.

You can always speak direct with owners on here for advice, we don't bite unless its ukwdwnut :)

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

What Malcolm said, we have rented villas a number of times and the good experiences have come when rented from the owner. Sure you could get cheaper accommodation in budget hotels but with a villa you get a lot more space.