1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best Prices ?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by alfcafa, Mar 26, 2013.

1. alfcafa

alfcafa Earning my ears

Hello falks, I'm from Argentina, and I will be w/my family in 20 days. What is the best supermarket to go there ? I mean, the cheapest one !! Thanks a lot

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Welcome, Alfcafa! I RARELY have a car on property, so I am most definitely NOT the person to answer your question, but there are loads of folks here that can, and they should be along shortly. For now though, I just wanted to welcome you to the forums and ask you to share a little bit more about your (very quickly) approaching trip! It sounds quite exciting!

3. alfcafa

alfcafa Earning my ears

Thanks for your response !!!! We'll spend 10 days in Kisimmee, my kids are really excited to go there. We love Disney and we have to plan this trip for a long time: we are in the bottom of the world:lol:. See you soon !!!!

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`m not sure about the cheapest but we always use either Publix or Walmart, and to be honest I don`t know which one of those is the cheapest.
    We tend to use Publix for food items and Walmart for other things and there are several of both of those stores in the Kissimmee area.

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Walmart is almost always going to be the cheapest. There are several Walmart Supercenters in the are so you should be able to find just about anything you need

Publix is going up be auth nicer supermarket but I would think more expensive.

Welcome and tell us more about your upcoming trip!!

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Hi and welcome to Secrets :wave:

As the others have said, Walmart is normally the cheapest, but food wise I don't think you get such good quality. I use Publix, which I think is the best and also Target.

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Love Target! I wish we had a Super Target here but we do not

8. Sam

Sam Imagineer

Another vote for Target and Publix, saying that Walmart isn't bad. We also used to use Winn Dixie sometimes as it was literally round the corner from where we were staying, it's not the cheapest although the fruit was lovely.

9. alfcafa

alfcafa Earning my ears

Thanks a lot my friend !!!!!!

10. alfcafa

alfcafa Earning my ears

Thank you very much for your response !!!!

11. alfcafa

alfcafa Earning my ears

Thank you Mr, I'll take note !!!!!:wink:

12. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Actually, here in Florida Walmart is NOT always the cheapest, especially in comparison to Publix. Publix often has lower prices on the same food items than does Walmart. And Publix quality is ALWAYS higher than Walmart with regard to fresh produce and fresh meat, anything fresh for that matter. I will not purchase meat from Walmart. :nono:

Publix is the closest to WDW. There is a Publix just a bit away from Downtown Disney. Follow the signs for the Premium Outlets or Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine, and there will be a Publix "behind" the outlets.

There is also a HUGE and very nice Publix on 192 West (It's called Orange Lake Publix). Just a little further down the road (heading west) there will be another Publix that caters more to local folks, and is worth stopping in.

There is a Whole Foods not far from WDW, also. It is NOT inexpensive, but carries a heavy selection of organic food, and a huge assortment of already prepared foods. Their cheese selection (and wine :D ) can be quite nice. Sometimes though, it's not so great (limited).

We shop at Publix, and then a bit at Whole Foods (sometimes) and Fresh Market (sometimes). Fresh Market (the closest to WDW) is in Dr. Phillips further out than Whole Foods. Walmart is a place we try hard to avoid, but will go in if absolutely necessary. And ONLY if I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have the product I'm looking for and what the price is. Walmart prices vary sharply from store to store in the Central Florida area, so keep that in mind too.

Hope that helps a little bit. :yes:

OH! And Welcome to Disney Secrets!!

13. alfcafa

alfcafa Earning my ears

Excelent information my friend !!! I'm really know, now, where I have to go for foods !! Thanks again for your cooperation !!!!!

14. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Welcome alfaca. I like Publix as the quality of the food is so good. Im not a fan of Walmart although it generally is cheaper. BTW Im just off to meet my good friend from Buenos Aires for lunch. Not relevant to the thread I know but she lives here in England and I love her dearly. :yes:

Mags

15. alfcafa

alfcafa Earning my ears

Great, enjoy your lunch !!!! And thanks for your info !!!!