1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best restaraunts in Disney World

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Joe, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Joe

Joe Earning my ears

What are some of the best restaraunts you guys have been to at WDW?

-Best kid friendly
    -Best serveice
    -Best food
    -Best value

I've been to California grill, 50' primetime Cafe, Sci-Fi. California Grill was amazing, food was great and them holding your food while you watch the fireworks is awesome. How is the Biergarten in Germany? I've been looking at going for the past three times we've gone and never seem to get my way. My wife is a little bit of a picky eater and I want to make sure she will enjoy it.
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Hiya Joe :wave:

See I love the california grill as well. I just can't beat watching the fireworks, glass of champagne in hand and then having a lovely meal served
  3. Joe

Joe Earning my ears

Thanks for the reply Keith. No doubt, I took the wife there for an anniversary night out(my mom comes with us to Disney to watch our 3 boys) and we absolutely loved it. I'm looking for another place to try our when we go in February. Have you guys tried the Biergarten with kids? I want my kids to try different foods and wanted to try a plcae with some character. I'm also looking for something a little nicer to take my wife to again. It's our time away from the children and my mom loves watching them so it's a win for both us all.
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I can't help with kiddie things, don't have any (and don't want any ;-) ) but in terms of nice meals for you and your wife.. Well if we're talking staying on site at Disney, Shula's steakhouse at the Dolphin hotel is rather swish as is blue zoo! (technically not on Disney property but close enough)
  5. Joe

Joe Earning my ears

Think I might try Shula's. Have heard good things and who doesn't love a good steak. Thanks for the replies.
  6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Joe, I don't know how old your kids are but I think, if they are amenable to trying different foods, that it is an excellent selection. I'm sure they'll enjoy the oompah band. As far as the food, it is traditional German with IMHO and American twist. We rarely have kids with us but when we do, it is grandchildren who are 9 or close to 9 (last year for the child rate). Obviously all of the character meals are kid friendly.

My DW and I love JIKO for a nice dinner. On this latest trip we also had excellent meals at Citrico's, Kouzzina (too noisy for an intimate meal, but good food) and Brown Derby.
  7. Joe

Joe Earning my ears

Thanks, my boys are 10, will be 7 when we go and 1 year old. I've always wanted to try Biergarten and I think the kids would love the atmosphere. I don't know anything about Jiko, What kind of food is it? I've been reading your posts about your latest trip and I must tell you, you paint a great picture when telling your details. I see you will also be going in February, I will be there the 3rd to the 10th and we are already getting excited. Funny thing is this will be my 10 year olds 6th time and my wife and my 8th time yet we still get excited like it's our first. So much to do and I'm always looking for things we haven't tried.
  8. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Kid Friendly - O'Hana and pretty much any character meal.
    Best Service - Disney has taken a hit here over the past couple of years but we've recently had good service at 50's Primetime and Sanaa.
    Best Food - I have never had a bad meal at Teppan Edo.
    Best Value - Wolf Gang Puck Express (DTD Market Place). For the price and portion size it can't be beat.
  9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

JIKO is located in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Therefore the cooking would be with an African Flair. I know you said your wife is a bit of a picky eater and so is mine but she loves the flavors of the food she gets there. Whatever you do however I would not recommend ordering the Falafel with Bunny Chow which is the current vegetarian entree. They used to have a Kalamata Olive Flatbread on the menu but alas it is no longer there. We used to get that every time as one of our appetizers.
  10. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    MY grandkids were at wdw last year the loved TEPAN EDO , CHEF MICKEYS AND OHANAS THEY WERE 6 AND 8
  11. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think most Disney Restaurants are kid friendly, but kids do have a better time at character meals.

For value, we really like buffets, the lunch/dinner buffet at Akerhus is extremely good.

To be honest, we have never had a bad meal, maybe we are either just not picky or very lucky hahahaha
  12. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

I feel like most restaurants at WDW are kid-friendly, so not really sure what I think is the MOST...

We've always gotten wonderful service at the Coral Reef. Especially on our honeymoon. They really treated us special, and threw in a free dessert!

For me, best food & best vaule are both the Liberty Tree Tavern. I absolutely LOVE this place. It's like Thanksgiving year-round. The food is delicious, it's hearty, you get a ton of it, you can share, and it's really great for the price. I really miss when they used to be character dining as well, but it's still a place I try to stop at every time we go.