1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best Seafood outside the parks

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by DisneyFreak, Aug 30, 2011.

?

Which is best for seafood?

1. The Flying Fish Cafe

33.3%
  2. Todd English's Blue Zoo

66.7%
  3. Narcoossee's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

We are going to Orlando for a resort vacation next month (had to put the Gatlinburg/Savannah vacation on hold until the spring) and plan on going to Disney for one nice dinner for some good seafood. We wanted to try someplace new we haven't been to before and came up with these three choices. Please vote on which one you think is the best and make any comments you can think of including any place outside Disney that may be worth the trip.

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I've not done Blue Zoo yet, though it is on my Disney Bucket List. I wasn't impressed with the seafood that I had at Narcoossee's but I've loved everything I've eaten at Flying Fish so they get my vote.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Absolutely not Narcoosee's. :nono:

Off site? Hmmmmm... OH!!! Do you want to take a little ride? Do you mind "seriously local" and not fancy at all? Do you want the absolutely best fried seafood in the darn state? (I am not a fan of fried, but trust me on this, this one is worth the calories, and the trip).

436 in Altamonte Springs. It's a little (seriously little) place in a strip mall of all things! It's called Fish and Chips and has a white banner on the awning that proclaims, "Whole Belly Clams." WELL worth the drive!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fish-and-chips-altamonte-springs

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Although we do like the Flying Fish, for me The Blue Zoo wins hands down out of the thgree places you have selected.
    It has a more up market feel [which is also reflected in the price!], but it`s good to splash out once in a while and the food/service are great. :thumbsup:
    [If you are driving there then don`t forget to get your parking ticket validated at the podium or you will have you pay to park your car.]

5. Tink

The atmosphere at the BlueZoo is pretty neat too. They've gone to great lengths to make it feel like you are underwater. :yes:

If you don't mind a little stroll, you can park at the boardwalk and walk over to the Dolphin. :yes: :D

6. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

This would probably be what we would do.

BTW.....why no love for Narcoosee's? It would seem the place to go given it's location.

7. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

The location is indeed great for viewing Wishes, but many folks [myself included] find the place to be a bit "hit and miss" regarding the service, and it can at times get a bit noisy with all the kidlets who are not held in check by their parents. In addition the outside deck area can get full of [non dining] folks who congregate there in front of the windows and obstruct the view for the diners.
    That said the food is good.
    Nowadays we only dine there because we have made good friends with one of the servers so we can be guaranteed that things will be as good as they can be.

8. Tink

Why not Narcoosee's? The food was lousy and the service miserable. Seriously, one of the worst dining experiences we've had (eclipsed only by the horrid experience at California Grill) at WDW. :sorry: