1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best steak house? Manny chop house or yachtsmans

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by mgmjim, Jan 16, 2010.

1. mgmjim

mgmjim Earning my ears

we've heard that the yachstmans steakhouse is the best place to go but there's a guide book saying that mannys chop house is a lot better?

anyone know which is nicer? thanks :)

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

We've not been to Yachtman's but go to manny's often as it's not far from our home.

Great value, especially if you have children ( who eat free Monday's & Tuesdays) and go early bird too.

Here's the website:-

Manny's Original Chophouse

They give you salad and warm cinnamon rolls while you wait for your order, they are divine :yes:

Sandra

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Manny's is very nice. :yes:

Yachtsmans is very nice too. They are a bit hard to compare, but I would have to say that YSH might have the better quality beef? That is NOT to say, Manny's isn't nice.

There are several decent (very decent!) steakhouses in the area. High end are Mortons, Ruth's Chris, YSH, and Charley's. Mid range are Manny's and SOME Longhorn's. :yes: Longhorn offers a filet mignon for under $25! The catch is, they are a chain and some are lousy where others are quite acceptable. :yes:

4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Is Manny's kid friendly? :unsure:

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

pssst. throwing in my recommendation for Charleys :yes: I found it better than mortons, ruths chris etc.

YSH is a bit different since it's on property so convenient for us and certainly very good indeed.

Shulas is good too as long as you don't mind eating in near total darkness :lol:

HOWEVER, all told, given my choice of anywhere for a really great steak, Charleys every time.

6. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Yes - Manny's is very Kid Friendly

They eat free Monday and Tuesday evenings too so can be a real bargain meal.

Check out the website I have put in above

Sandra

7. Tink

Yep, our Keith is a Charley's fan, and that's ok! :D :D

If you go to the original Charley's on OBT ON your birthday, you get a free steak dinner. :yes: :D :D

8. keith

I so am :lol: totally taken :yes: I had such high hopes for Mortons but in Orlando, it was a very clinical, mediocre experience.

Ruth's chris was better and the staff were much nicer but it was again one huge dining room and I preferred the nooks and booths of Charleys.

9. Tink

Yes, I will say that. :yes: The atmosphere at Charley's is very intimate. I'm not saying I don't like it there, mind! :D :D

10. keith

have you been to Mortons there? did I just go on an off night? or are they always totally empty with staff standing around looking annoyed that someone dared to come in to eat :lol: ?

Every other report I hear about Mortons in other parts of the states indicates they're superb. I remember seeing Josh in the West Wing looking out of the window of what looked like a steakhouse with great atmosphere in Washington, turned out to be Mortons. Ok, that's hardly reliable but STILL, the Orlando one just seems incredibly poor v the expectations I had?

11. Tink

Yes, unfortunately that seems to be the problem. Don't judge all Morton's by this one, ok? They do all act as though they need a dose of castor oil. I thought it was just a one off for us too, but you and I are not the only ones to report the same experience.

A little suprised that it stays open in this day and age.

We did really like Ruth's Chris though. :yes: We had a lovely table and really liked the design and style of the place.

Charley's is a bit old world, traditional style. :yes: You go to the one on 192, yes? We go to the one on OBT.

12. keith

Ruth's Chris treated us like movie stars :lol: They were THAT nice to us. I guess it's just something they do but they insisted on bringing over the manager to talk to us, then we mentioned we were out to celebrate our anniversary, cue sprinklings of little disney cut outs all over the table, free desserts, drink on the house and so on. The manager came back several times to ensure everything was to our satisfaction and on the way out the server, sommelier and manager were all there to say come back and see us again soon.

I can't fault Ruth's Chris at all, the food was absolutely first rate. It's just I do prefer the design of Charleys in a way. Argh :D I'll have to return next time we're out.

I'm not sure to be honest, we'll have to ask Terry which one he took us too. Since then we tend to just say "Charleys" to the taxi driver and if the one he takes us to isn't the right one we say keep driving :lol:

13. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

we love longhorns the one on us 192 is a favorite although we called at the one just off lake mary blvd and it was packed out with locals. yes it is a chain but very good value just because we find some of the high end ones a bit expensive. YSH is very nice but we found it very noisy and rushed. Charlies is also ok but found it expensive and they werent to happy with my liking for a well done steak :( for value i choose longhorns and there lobster had Dave's mouth watering :)

14. Tink

Their lobster tail is surprisingly nice, isn't it Daveann? :yes: Yep, for sheer value, Longhorn is a good bet most times.

The one way west on 192 is the one we go to now (it's new) but almost always go to our "local" Longhorn up here at Winter Garden Village.

I must say the single worst Longhorn (that I'll never return to again) is in Ft. Myers, Florida. From the lousy service to the "how can this be a Longhorn meal" terrible food, the place is horrid.

Yep, Keith. Ruth's Chris goes all out to make your experience special. :yes:

I'm about as sure as I can be that it's the one on 192 that you go to (near Celebration, yes? Nearish to Arabian Nights, yes)? :D (Oh, Charley's I mean, of course). :yes:

15. keith

Ah yep that sounds right! Certainly celebration is close and last time we went the taxi driver said something about Arabian nights :yes:

Ironically re. liking steak well done, me too and Charleys was the one place which didn't seem to have a problem with it! I guess it depends which one you go to and which server etc.

16. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

we did the one on international drive :( but i did like there truffle oil fries they were lovely............
    tink Dave loved the lobster tail and fillet mignon.
    we really have got to try mannys

17. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Yep Keith, you and Tink are correct.
    The one we went to is on US192 West, very close to mile marker #8 and I-4.

18. keith

great thanks for confirming :yes: absolutely love it there, if I could go back there this evening for a nice dinner I would :lol:

19. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Keith I think I mentioned this a while back, but you and Helen must also try the Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Palm Resort.
    The servers there are very attentive and the place has a very intimate feel. It`s also well worth taking your camera with you as the resort itself is also well worth a visit on it`s own. :thumbsup:

20. keith

ooo yes you did and we didn't get to it last visit! We must try next time.

We've actually been around the resort quite a bit and yep, it's definitely worth a visit :D