1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best suitcases?

Discussion in 'General' started by disneymom, Aug 15, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

What do you all use? I had some small ones last time but we ended up buying more when we were there.

The hard ones look like they would protect souveniers better but perhaps add weight

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've had several different kinds (manufacturer wise) but the most recent I purchased was a Tumi brand. Must say I love it. Sturdy doesn't say it by half. It's life time waranteed also. Plus, if you register the piece online and it ever goes missing it can be traced back to you by the online database.

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I recall seeing a programme on the tv ages ago where they put several types of suitcases through their paces for durability etc.
    They stated that the hard rigid type [Samsonite for example] stood up to the vigours of the baggage handlers better than most. Also when they were dropped from a dizzy height, they didn`t burst open unlike some of the others.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yep, Samsonite has a long standing reputation for being one of the most durable names in luggage (the hard style). I've always felt that you can't quite "stuff" a hard case as much as you can a soft bag. :D

On the other hand, I've had my soft bags get wet in baggage hold and ended up with wet clothing as a result. :(