1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best table service resturants

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by robertcraig, Sep 23, 2011.

1. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    What are the best table service resturants at MK and HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

IMHO there is NO best TS at MK. Actually there are only three that I can think of LTT, Tony's and CRT.

At DHS we love 50's Prime Time and we like Brown Derby.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You know Robertcraig, we've not ever dined at table service in MK or DHS.

Nothing at MK really appeals to me, and we really find wine to be an important aspect of dining so that is a limiting factor too.

DHS has never had anything that hugely appeals either. I won't step foot in 50's Prime Time, and the rest simply don't tempt.

Funny, huh? I know many people really enjoy eating in both places, so hopefully someone will come along and give you a few decent reviews.

4. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I am curious why you won't step foot in 50's Prime Time?

5. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i think it's because Tink doesn't like the attention but i may be wrong!

mmmm I can't think of anywhere id recommend food wise in MK, we used to enjoy crystal palace but i was a little disappointed with the food at dinner this time. We used to eat at Tony's a fair few years ago but that was when you could get walk ups.

DHS, i like prime time and enjoyed our meal there this time in term of food but we were way to close to the table next to us. We were completely unable to have a conversation without them hearing everything. I wouldn't mind trying sci fi diner again as none of the other menus appeal to me. DHS is my least favourite park, if it wasn't for Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast i think I wouldn't go there.

6. Tink

I would totally freak out with that kind of interaction. :eek: Herself is the same way. We once stopped outside the restaurant to look at the menu. A CM opened the door and said, "Are you two going to get in here and eat your dinner or what?" (Something along those line). We know it's a part of what most call fun, but we took off like rockets and haven't ever been back near the place! :lol:

We'll slip into Tune In Lounge once in awhile for a drink, but not going near that restaurant side! :eek:

7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep same for us :lol:

As pretty much everyone has said, I don't think there's a great choice at either location.

MK Crystal palace is get-em-in, get-em-out, so it's far less enjoyable than years ago. Cinderellas royal table was never really worth the money, tony's food is ok but service can be.. interesting :lol: Give me cosmic rays late on an EMH night with ribs and chicken, I'll be happy :lol:

The studios.... brown derby is the best but variable. Can be awesome or can be not worth the rather expensive cost! mama melrose likewise. We always do the scifi, it's unacceptional but we like the theme :)

Overall the theme of Disney park restaurants these days is expensive, captive audience, not really worth the money

8. Tink

Sad but true summation. There are flashes of the old brilliance, but nothing as it used to be. Our last visit to Beaches and Cream (August) had us served dry, overcooked cheeseburgers on what tasted like day old rolls. :sigh:

Nothing at all like the fun place with good, basic food that it built its reputation upon.

9. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

I heard from a Secrets member that it is a great idea to take the boat from MK to Artist's Point, or I guess you could take monorail to CR, Poly, or GF to get a decent sit down meal.

Cosmic Rays has been pretty good for what it is. We tried the Liberty Tavern thing (think that is what is was called) and was ok..think the food for both comes from the same kitchen.

We have eaten at Prime Time, Sci Fi, Mama Melrose and of the three we had the best experience at the Sci Fi (hence we have eaten there several times over the years). Tink..we are quite different in the fact that I used to live to embarrase my DD. Hard to do and remember volunteering at every chance before shows. (One surprise occurred when I was chosen "That Guy" from the Laugh Floor). I loved that Tink!!:point::tongue:

MM was ok, but had pretty bad service. Our server at Prime Time was not as funny or as engaging as the others around our table. Felt like he was just picking up a pay check.