1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best ticket price

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by chief, Jan 21, 2012.

1. chief

chief Earning my ears

been looking at best price for tickets.
    orlando ticket deals seems to be the best price at the moment at;
    £700 for 4 adult flex ticket.
    question is when you get to the checkout they offer you additional insurance against loss, damage theft.
    its an extra £40 si it does put price up. is it worth it??
    many thanks:thumbsup:

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I would say that is a ripoff. If you write down your ticket numbers Disney will replace them if you lose them.

3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

We've always got our tickets through OTD and not once have i ever taken out their insurance - i always think its a con!

4. GoofyMac

GoofyMac Earning my ears

We have found that the savings when purchased other than on Disney Property is minimal. For our trip next month when doing the math and research it amounted to about $25 per ticket or about $75 overall. That is a nice little chunk of change however we normally make two or more trips a year (last year we made 4) so we are annual pass holders. For people that make more than one trip per year this is most definitely a money saver. Additionally Pass holders are entitled to discounts that make it very worth while to have if you do plan on a second trip to Walt Disney World within the year. We do not do the water parks so we just get the basic annual Pass.

We will in fact be ordering our Passes through Disney in the next week and a half or so. Our trip is coming up fast and we are looking forward to it.

I would recommend against Insurance. You are the only person that can use your pass. All a guest needs to do is show an ID at the Guest Relations booth or at the Walt Disney Resort Hotel you are a guest of to have passes reissued. I would always check with your Disney Travel Expert about special discounts when booking a stay at Walt Disney Resort. Many times the savings cant be matched with Free dining plans and hotel discounts / upgrades when booking through Disney or when using a Disney Vacation expert. Walt Disney World Does a GREAT job of keeping the money on the property.

We ALWAYS use a Disney Vacation expert. Checking the offers on the Walt Disney World Website first and conferring with her she often is able to uncover some hidden or special offers not available through the Passholder site. We will soon become Disney Vacation Club members and are looking forward to it we will continue to use her for the times that we do not use our membership to go experience the Magic of Disney.

I hope this helps. If you'd like I can forward to you the contact information of our Disney vacation expert. She is as much of a Disney fan as I am or anyone else that I have met. She and her family are Disney Vacation Club members and Annual Passholders. Her and her family make multiple trips to Walt Disney World per year. She is Very highly recommended and takes her job very seriously, not only that SHE LOVES IT. Not to worry she can also do EVERYTHING online. I have booked this trip completely online with her due to my being in Afghanistan.

R&R is on the way it is close at hand. I cant wait. I hope this helps.

Have a Magical Vacation.

GoofyMac