1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best uk style pub? raglan road?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by littleangel, Jun 3, 2010.

1. littleangel

littleangel Earning my ears

:wiggle:Is there a uk style pub in orlando do you know?

I've been recommended raglan road which is in a special part of downtown disney somewhere and of course I know theres a uk pub in epcot

Anywhere better?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Raglan Road is at Pleasure Island, just beyond the Marketplace section of Downtown Disney. It's a lovely place and gives you the feeling that you are in a Dublin hotel pub... however, you'll never escape the fact that you are in the US.

The Guinness there is ok, but our local pub pulls it better and with a more accurate nitrogen set up. :D (Hagan O'Rielly's in Winter Garden).

The UK pub in the World Showcase is usually a mad house! :mental: People pack into there, and don't like to leave any time soon! Their Guinness can be some better, but it's not consistent.

So? You see my measure of a decent pub; how's the Guinness? :D

There are offsite places that advertize to the UK visitors, but none of them are really too authentic in the sense of atmosphere, ect.

3. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I like Raglan Road. It has a fun atmosphere and good food. I'm not to picky about beer, as long as it doesn't make me gag and gets me buzzed, I'm good. HA!
    Getting back to the food...DELICIOUS! And there's an irish dancer that gets up in the middle of the bar and dances.

Rose & Crown is my go-to hangout in Epcot. It does get really crowded in there so, my technique is to politely squeeze my way in between two men, squish together my "assets", and bat my eyelashes at the male bartenders. HA! I'm sure that's just the way it's REALLY done at a British pub! Hey! Anything to get me my Boddingtons or Strongbow!

4. ROO

ROO Earning my ears

Like Raglan rd has a nice atmosphere & good food like when there is music playing & the dancer dancing.
    Not so keen on the Rose & Crown in WSC @ Epcot food not so good and very loud not my scene but always looks busy (think thts what puts me off).

5. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I have to admit it is not for us. We had a shocker of a meal, bad service, terrible entertainment and the air con was broken. All in all it couldnt have been worse. That said, it probably was an off night, but we wont be going back in a hurry.

Margaret

6. Tink

Oh goodness, Mags! I'd not be rushing back either! :eek:

7. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Tink, it was four years ago but the portion size was minute. The saving grace was of course the wonderful bread and butter pudding. We were sitting off to the left of the entertainment, sweating buckets in the August heat along with everyone else. There was a singer but no dancers and all he did was kept singing Shenendoah, Scarborough Fair and The Boxer. He was awful! When I asked the very edgy server if he was going to sing any Irish songs .....wait for it......he snapped, 'We dont do Irish songs here'. Off he marched in a temper and that was the last I saw of him. No Irish songs? I laughed out loud, as did the kids!
    At the end of the evening we were sweating so much, our ears were blasted and my two were virtually in tears that we were delighted to leave. It is just one of those experiences that makes you say, 'never again'. Some restaurants I would give a second chance but it will be a cold day in the hot place before I am tempted to go back. :sorry:

Margaret

8. Tink

Wow. That's a pretty miserable experience! :sorry:

I like the theme, the architecture if you will. :yes: It feels like a pub in Dublin (hotel) to me.

The food is iffy, I'll grant you that. The only really consistent thing they've done there is the pate.

I can't even imagine being in there in the August heat with no AC.

No Irish songs? :laugh: Since WHEN? :laugh:

9. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

It's gotten better since 4 yrs. ago. And I'm assuming people were on edge because of the lack of a/c. I was out during the hottest week of the year last Oct. and it was absolutely miserable (I live in FL). I was completely cranky for DAYS. Monday through Friday with NO A/C!! I don't know how they used to survive down here in the old days.

10. Tink

Screens and swamp coolers. :yes: