1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best universal hotel?

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by cosmicray, Oct 25, 2010.

1. cosmicray

cosmicray Earning my ears

Has anyone stayed at universal? are the hotels as good as disney and any recommendations as to the best one to stay at?

I heard something about them giving front of line passes, how do they work?

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I have stayed at Universal several times. I prefer the Royal Pacific resort. It's quite nice. I've also stayed at Portofino Bay once. It was also nice.

If you stay at one of the Universal 3 onsite hotels, you use your room key as a front of the line pass and go into the express lines for the rides. It is a wonderful benefit and worth paying for the resort IMO.

3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

We've stayed at the portofino club level as we got a great rate. The beds are very very comfortable. I love the hotel and feel of it. I would stay there again in a heartbeat, in my opinion It was better than the Polynesian and we stayed club level there too. Food was better at the poly but staff and rooms much better at the portofino.

We were going to stay in the hard rock hotel for 4 nights next summer but will probably stay in the royal pacific as it seems more us....unless I can get a brilliant deal on the portofino. We will stay club level again as with 2 adults 2 teens it works out good value.

4. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

The only Universal hotel that I've stayed at is the Royal Pacific and it was a very nice hotel. I agree with Johnnie that the front of the line privilege is worth every penny you pay for staying at a Universal Hotel.

5. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

definitely the royal pacific for us too, its not the same as disney no way no how but its great in its own right