1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

best villa area without a car?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disneymom, May 19, 2010.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Every villa we look at really recommends having a car but we probably wont have a driver next time.

Is there any area where the cab costs to main parks would be cheap or are all the villa areas really far away?
  2. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

If I am honest what you are looking for, it might be better off if you actually stay at one of the Disney resort..
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I agree with deafjeff as most [if not all] of the villa communities are located some distance from WDW.
    Maybe try one of the self catering DVC locations like OKW?
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Using a cab for transport between a villa and WDW or anything, grocery shops, other shops, other parks, would require a significant budget. You may be better off hiring a town car and driver for the whole time, instead of relying on cabs. You would know what the cost would be and could budget for it instead of being at the mercy of (often) ruthless cab drivers.

Otherwise, I'd stay on site for sure! OKW has beautiful (and the largest!) villas. It's a lovely area with a vast landscaped setting (golf course in some areas). Peaceful, yet lively with activities that you can choose to join or not, it's our Home DVC resort and we love it there.
  5. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

I was going to say the same as Tink - it will take alot of your spending money getting cabs everywhere.

It is very easy to drive so if you really want a villa could you not find someone in your group to do the driving? It's very easy.

I can't help with onsite accomodation, but there's lots of choice for you and you already have some advice above from other members, so weigh up all the pros and cons and I'm sure you'll find the perfect place to stay.

Sandra
  6. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i think it would be cheaper staying in a villa and renting a car than staying onsite for 2 weeks if thats how long you are going for....someone correct me if im wrong :)
  7. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Yes it would be cheaper but the OP has said they don't have a driver so not an option. :shrug:
  8. ukwdwnut

probably wont :)
  9. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

we had someone drive last time but no not this time :( I know it must be great when you have someone who likes driving but we just wont be in that position this time.

sounds like a villa onsite would be best I didnt realise they did actual villas on site
  10. ukwdwnut

it looks like your only option. unless you find a villa resort close to the parks somewhere like formosa gardens, then find out how much cabs are to fit your itinery. then work that out to how much it would cost to stay onsite.