1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Best Way to Celebrate a Birthday in WDW

Discussion in 'General' started by simonwebb74, Apr 7, 2009.

1. simonwebb74

simonwebb74 Earning my ears

We will be celebrating our Son's 7th birthday whilst there this year. We are already planning breakfast at Chef Mickeys, the day in Magic Kingdom and possibly the Firework Voyage (Now it is available to all) in the evening.
    Obviously we will get him a birthday pin and the vouchers to spend on the day (he loves shopping for toys!!)

Is there anything else we could think about doing to make the day extra special for him?

Thanks

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Depending upon where you intend to have a birthday meal you can special order a cake for him. :yes: WDW does the most incredible cakes. You can order the flavor, filling, frosting, decorations, the whole thing.

One for about 10 or more people starts at about $60. Although we don't usually have 10 people we order that one as it allows you all the choices. Smaller, less expensive ones are available, but there is very limited choice.

Some signature restaurants will have a small birthday cake available (ask when you check in) for about $20 I think? :unsure: I know YSH does. :yes:

You could get him the silly, tall birthday cake hat! :D (Depending upon the weather that may be way too hot though).

3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

That all sounds awesome Simon - TBH juist being in WDW will be treat enough :D - Get him the Birthday pin from guest services on the day - the CM's and Characters go out of their way to make a kid feels special on their birthday

4. simonwebb74

How far in advance do you need to order a birthday cake?

As long as there is no jam in it he should love it, if he doesn't we will!! :eatcake:

Although saying that, at his cousins birthday last month we cut all the jam out of the cake gave it to him and he said `I dont like cake` :banghead:

5. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

However if you just tell them when you book its their birthday they decorate the placemat with party favours , give him a card and a complementary cup cake with a candle in it anyway - for Mattthew that was more than enough :yes:

6. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

All the more cake for the rest of you :thumbsup:

7. simonwebb74

Maybe we should order one with jam :yes:

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've ordered them a couple of months in advance, up to a couple of weeks. I think they'd only really need a few days notice.

You can get the special order cakes with or without filling, and the one available at the podium won't have the filling at all.

And yes, there is always the option of the very nice free dessert if they know about the birthday. :yes: (Tell them when booking the ADR, or make sure the little guy is wearing his birthday badge). :yes: