1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question Best way to leave Magic Kingdom after wishes fireworks?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by AKLnut, Jan 12, 2014.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

hi all

last time we saw wishes we were put off a bit by the scrum trying to get out of the place. It took ages, we were run into all the time by pushchairs along with comments from ecvs that we should be looking out for them. It was just a nightmare and spoilt things a bit

So looking for tips on how best to leave?

Some people say it's best to hang around the shops for 30mins and let the crowds go but then others say that can mean joining very long queues for the buses?

Any ideas?
  2. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

Definitely hang around before leaving. I usually take the opportunity to take some night photos of the park without the hoards of people around (who always ruin a good photo!).

If the park is still open, use that time to ride some of the big rides that you would normally have to queue for, or even those rides which look different at night like the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which I still haven't got round to riding in the dark!).
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I haven't stayed until after Wishes for years, I miss that but because I can't walk very fast I panic when people are pushing to get past.

I never thought of staying in the park until the majority have left. It's something I will have to think about for next year.
  4. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We watch it just in front of the train station. We usually get a spot just behind the garden barriers so nobody blocks our view, then we're right next to the exit and can make a quick exit :)
    keith likes this.
  5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

thats a really good idea! :yes:
  6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

This is what we do in the summer but Christmas week it is still too hectic so we watch the electric parade then head over to the TTC and watch from there - they feed the sound to this area too.
  7. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Take Mace and a Taser.... you'll be out in no time :D
    Tony G likes this.
  8. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Wouldn't the tree be in the way at Christmas or do you mean you stand behind the fence in front of where the tree is?

Do the fireworks "make sense" from the TTC ? or are they all over the place?

We watched from by Philarmagic last time and whilst amazing in their own right, the story wasn't obvious because it's meant to be watched from main street
  9. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i take it as just one of those things to be honest. We have tried to stay before and have found that the lines for the buses or trams are really long. We tend to have a plan- and seem to accomplish it quite successfully without pushing or shoving :lol:
  10. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

The fireworks do make sense - although you aren't central to them....and it takes a couple of hours off your time to get out of the park at this crazy time of year. We know we will be back each summer to watch from Main Street so it does for us :)
  11. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We hang out until the crowd clears. I don't understand everyone's need to rush to go stand in another line (monorail, bus, ferry)
  12. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I discovered this by accident - we were 'popping' back to the park for the fireworks but mis-timed it and got slightly late. By the time we got there, they'd already started so we stood by the train station, it was remarkable how easy it was to leave!
  13. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

What he said! Sometimes, we just sit in front of the castle...in my opinion, there is nothing more peaceful. After a half hour or so of "soaking up the atmosphere" we wander out. The bus lines may still be a bit long, but the hoards of people leaving are gone.
  14. Vikki

We only discovered that spot because we don't like waiting around for a 'good' spot :wink: although we always go there now, perfect view in my.opinion.
  15. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Imagineer

We tried watching from the train station but found that they didn't turn all the lights out and it was off putting.

We tend to watch from near the Walt & Mickey statue and then stay behind to do photos. You can get great night castle photos with hardly anyone in them as everyone seems to think they must leave straight after the fireworks :)
  16. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I really must try this one night.
  17. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I never rush it takes as long as it takes
  18. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

We actually watched Wishes from behind the Castle this trip and that was so cool! Since we had already seen the display during this trip we headed back. You can still see almost everything, but they are more scattered around. Some are right behind the Castle and some seem to come from over behind Beast's Castle. Other than the odd bit of ash falling, the kids were dancing around and having a great time. As soon as the works were over (the rides in FL don't run during), we rode Peter Pan (15 min wait), Small World (no wait), The Carousel (5 min wait), Winne the Pooh (no wait), and then walked over and on to PoC. After all that we walked back through the Castle and the crowds were long gone. We headed out to the bus stop and walked right on to a waiting bus. Well worth staying up a bit late :D
    Wendy likes this.
  19. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

That must have been awesome! A 15 minute wait on Peter Pan is almost unheard of! Nicely done!
  20. Vikki

If you watch it just in front of the character meet and greet area, where the gardens are, the lights won't put you off :-D