1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Help Best way to see osbourne lights at disney studios?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by buzzchamp, Sep 6, 2013.

1. buzzchamp

buzzchamp Imagineer

I really want to make sure we see the osbourne lights this year but when we tried a few years ago it seemed to have changed from the houses to one big area

Whats the best way to see them? can you walk around or is it just stand in the main square or something

Do they still do the angel glasses?
  2. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

We LOVE the Osbourne spectacle! Since we normally go right around the holidays it wouldn't be right to go to DHS without seeing them. We just love to walk around the NY city scape and wait for the snow to fall. It is so cool.
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

While the Osbourne lights are still a sight to see I am one of those who misses the houses in the back lot. They are all jammed into NY Street and that general vicinity now. In fact some of them are up all year, but just not turned on. We haven't been down during the Christmas season in a few years but the last time we were there I don't recall seeing the Angel Glasses.
  4. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

John that was cool to see the houses on the backlot tour done but the snow falling makes up for it in my opinion.
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

But the snow has always been there Skip. At least every time we went down.
  6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Although I enjoy the current iteration; I, too, miss the lights being along the backlot neighborhood. I do however LOVE the music synchronization.

Yes, you can simply wander through, though over the past few years it has become EXTREMELY popular, so it's more like...well, not exactly a wander ;)

Sadly, they don't offer the holographic glasses anymore, but when we went in December 2011 we ordered a few pairs on Amazon and took them with us! (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...=aps&field-keywords=angel holographic glasses)

Screen shot 2013-09-06 at 12.40.46 PM.png
    (still feeling a bit nostalgic)
  7. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Don't go on a Saturday night! It was absolutely awful and at one point I was really scared that we would be crushed. I do prefer it how they used to do it too.