1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by Kate, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

After painting my dd's nails for the 1023489302 time at 3 1/2 years old i was thinking that much to my horror she would actually love going to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Now im not a girly girl, and seeing such little girls wandering around in make-up is something i just dont like, but now i realise just how much they actually love it. I wouldnt like dd to be wearing loads of make up - they wouldnt put very much on at just 4 would they? Do they mind if you take your own princess dress and can you change into it in the boutique? It looks so expensive if you get the package that includes their dresses etc.
    When they do their hair do they put the tiara etc in regardless of whether or not you are purchasing an outfit?

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to sort out costings etc!

2. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Hi Kate ,
    they only put on a wee bit eyeshadow( pastel colors) , blush and lipstick . They will put a sweet rhinstone sticker on her cheek . There are different hairstyles . I have mine pulled up in a bun, with the tiara and mickey rhinstone brarette in the back . They also have hair extensions to look like Belle, Ariel, or Aurora . or if their hair is too short , this is a good way to go . They actually give you everything they use in a BBB bag . The lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow is in a plastic princess artists palette . A small bottle of nail polish . It's so cute ! She will also receive the rest of the rhinestone facial stickers & hairbrush . They never reuse !!!
    Yes, you can bring her own princess attire and she will get a sash that says Princess . BBB . Use to be pink with purple lettering with a sketch of Cinderella .

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Kate, she'll have a ball :yes:

We have info on Bibbidi Bobbidi HERE

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

The make up for the princess makeover really isn't very much at all and I'm sure if you stated your concerns they would keep it very minimal :yes: I personally think the princess one with the bun is probably best for the little ones, they get a tiny tiara and the little mickey clip they put in the back is gorgeous :yes: (Also the bun lasted two days in my DD's hair and is great if it's hot!)

The pop princess option has all the coloured extensions and bits in the hair and looks more 'over the top' for me and maybe best suited for slightly older girls :unsure:

Just a tip though - make sure you will be in the parks/character meal for the rest of the day as they are made such a fuss of by the CM's it all adds to the experience :yes:

5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Great tips and suggestions :thumbsup:

6. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I agree lisaw . I kept mine in 2 plus days . Something I forgot to add , how could I ever forget the pixiedust that they sprinkle . They also use colorey sparkles on the hair . I love the bun .

7. wishesandpixiedust

wishesandpixiedust Earning my ears

This is a brilliant question thanks so much ive wondered the same thing :yes:

8. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Oh, and the CM that does your hair, makeup, nails, etc . Is not your hairdresser , shes your fairy godmother . A photographer is there taking pictures while your getting prompted and afterwards in their princess attire . You are in no way under any obligation to buy . My husband just took pics . I'll go, give a look to post .

9. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Before & After .... Including Costume .

Attached Files:

10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

There are several packages to choose from and you can bring in your own dress. You can ask them to go lightly on the makeup if you want.

The kids seem to love it!

11. Kate

Thank you everyone - that has been sooo helpful!
    Tinker, i love that you had it done too!

I will speak to dh about it tonight, i had already thought id like to get it done as early as possible so that dd gets more time as a princess, but even more so now that i know they make such a fuss of them! I think she will really like it, her birthday is in November too so it can be part of a birthday package! However, i think we will buy her dress prior to the appointment, seems as though they bump the price up quite a bit if you buy the dress etc in there

12. Kate

Do they take your photos even if you havent opted for the package with the photos in?:unsure:

13. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

There are a few different places you can do this right? is one better than the others?

great questions Kate thanks for asking them :yes::hug2:

14. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm not sure but I think there is the DTD place and one in the MK. That's all I know of.

There is also the Main St. Barber Shop that will put paint and pixie dust in your hair (and cut it if you like) and the place in MK that makes kids of either gender over into pirates. :yes: Our Seth had that done and it was wonderful! :yes:

15. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

They do take pictures while you are getting prompted . I didn't realize the photographer was even taking pictures You can the photographer that you are not interested in purchasing photos and please not to take them and I'm sure they will honor your request . Once he saw my husband taking pictures , he moved onto the children . :lol:

16. Kate

I read that there is one at DTD aswell as the castle - i think i will try and get the one at the castle though since we dont buy disney passes but buy a single ticket on the day id rather be in the park when she gets it done.
    I dont mind them taking Isabelles photos, aslong as i dont have to buy them! :lol:

17. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

:lol: you do not have to buy them, but after seeing them , you may want at least one when you see your sweet daughter turned into a fairy princess . Don't that she isn't already . :hug2:

18. Kate

Well - one i could do! Actually, i could probably do the whole lot - dh might think a bit differently though!

Seeing as we are going in November and it will be a bit chilly, i thought id get a zip up hoody with Princess on the back done in rhinestones

19. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

There are different packages you can just from or just buy one and if you have a printer, scanner at home, you can make more . It would make lovely family gifts .

20. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

wait, let me check the Disney US outlets , they had princess fur capes , cheap . If not my friend Marie and I saw them at the Tanger outlets near her home . Her daughter June works there , so I'm sure I could get one .
    And its not always cold in November at WDW . I've been there at that time and was in tees & shorts .

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010