1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by Kate, Jun 14, 2010.

1. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

The photographer that comes around the salon taking photos will put the photos on a photopass for you - the same ones that you get in the parks - if you choose to buy the photopass CD from the parks your BBB photos from inside the salon will be on there - they always take a photo of the princesses face when they turn them around to face the mirror - the first time they see themselves - can make for a cute photo!

If you choose the package that includes a photo package then you go to the studio they have set up (in DTD its near guest relations, I think the MK one is in a specific garden :unsure:). They then do studio shots which they also put on the photopass but you get a little gatefold frame with one of the pictures in :yes:

Hope this makes sense!

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Tinker - thank you!

Lisa, great info about the photos thank you very much!

4. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Hi Kate ...
    you are most welcome .

5. littleangel

littleangel Earning my ears

excellent information Tinker and everyone, I'm printing this out so I dont forget

6. Kate

Well today i was looking for a link in my favourites and accidently clicked on the wrong one - i clicked on disneys bippidi boppidi boutique one and Isabelle was sat right next to me, so i said "wow, look at that little girl shes dressed like a princess, doesnt she look beautiful - do you think you would like to have that done?" Isabelle just looked absolutely horrified and shook her head saying no!
    Suppose thats that plan out the window then! :lol:

7. Isafari

Oh dear :lol: What about the pirate league for her instead as they do girls and boys :unsure:

8. Kate

The other week she went to a birthday party - it was a pirates and princesses party, she was soooo looking forward to dressing up as a princess and wouldnt hear of going as a pirate! Personally i think she would make a cuuuuute pirate, but she wouldnt do it so i doubt she would want to do that either!

I just hope she doesnt see the other princesses and say she wants to do it. Will have to bring it up a few times and see if she keeps sayign no!

9. Isafari

Ah well, us ladies are allowed to change our minds - frequently :lol:

10. Kate

It happens in this house - frequently!!! :lol:

11. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I know it has already been mentioned, but I just wanted to add in here again to try and make the appointment in the morning.

A good friend of mine just went a few months ago and got her little girl all done up at the BBB. They had an evening appointment and 1) the wait brought her pretty close to melt down (she is 4), and 2) she only had an hour or so in park before they headed back to the room.

She was so disappointed she couldn't walk around looking like a Princess and have dinner etc. Something to keep in mind :yes:

12. Kate

Aw what a shame, poor little princess! Do they have a cut off time in the boutique - if they dont then they should have! Its not fair on the little girls and its also alot of money to pay so you want to make the most of it!

13. Kate

Seems this is back on again! Probably the sudden influx of princess stuff that has appeared in our house over the last month or so that has changed her mind!

14. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

great thread!

I have to say Kate, Im with you, Im so against make up for little girls, and DID see some girls just done way too much!

But I do think it would be a great experience for THEM... so, whenever they are old enough for it, if they want it done, Ill just make sure to point out Im not a fan of makeup on young girls :)

Also.... I did see many NOT TOO HAPPY princesses because those plastic princess shoes ARE NOT made for walking, especially not for a long day at the parks, and to be honest, some of the dresses are also way to heavy for the hot weather, so maybe, if at all possible, do it on a day where you have a character meal or some other activity that will keep you indoors most of the time

15. Mari

about the one in DTD... I believe I saw a pretty large area inside the World of Disney :)

16. Kate

I booked it - thought itd better strike while the iron was hot so to speak! :lol:
    We are having it done at the DTD Boutique, i wouldve loved to have got her in at the castle, but the earliest appointment was 2.40pm in IMO that was a bit late, so we are to be at BBB at DTD at 9.10 (check in 15mins beforehand!).
    Im not going to be doing those little plastic shoes, Isabelle wouldnt wear them anyway, we have some pretty little sandals that are comfy! Im hoping that they will listen to me when i say not too much make-up please, and not heavy colours! I dont mind nail varnish and hair to a certain degree, but she will only be 4!
    Funnily enough i have made a reservation for crystal palace for the same day - although its November so shouldnt be overly hot?
    We dont know when we will be going back again, so if isabelle wants to do it on this trip then its gonna happen!!

17. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We;ve seen lots of little princesses around and they are all loving the experience.

There were a couple of girls in the pirates' league when Steven was in there being turned into Empresses. The only thing I'd say to the pirate makeover is that they use heavy greasepaints for the face makeup and in this heat it's not pleasant. Steven's lasted about 30 minutes before we had to wash it off. He loved the experience though.

18. Mari

great Kate!! Im sure she will love the experience, and it will be even better to hace it coincide with a character meal!

Dawn.. those paints did seem way too heavy for Orlando weather, but Im glad Steven had fun :)