1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We are taking Livvie to BBB in the castle on the 14th December. She will be having the full package so she can choose her own dress :D At the moment she says she wants to be Cinderella, but she loves pink so I am fully expecting her to change her mind and want Aurora's dress.

What I'm worried about is that she will get cold. I was thinking of leaving her leggings on underneath the dress as it will be long and she will have a vest on, but what about her arms. I've seen photos of some girls wearing long sleeved tops underneath the dress, but I know she won't do this because it won't be right :rolleyes008:

Is there a coat or jacket that you can buy as an extra which matches the dresses? I can vaguely remember seeing one ages ago for Belle's red Christmas dress.

She's only 5 and there's nothing to her, I'd hate for her to be cold.

Any ideas please?

The other thing is that her Mum would rather she has the classic Princess with the tiara, not the one with the hair extensions and large crown. I think this is what I have asked for, but how can I make sure Livvie isn't given the choice on the day.

I don't know who's looking forward to this more, her or me :eek:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

There is one outfit that I'm thinking of (Cinderella's maybe) that does come with an optional cape. It's one of the more elaborate and pricier dresses, but that may be a good compromise.

Then there is the extremely elaborate white wedding dress (truly not sure which princess) that has long sleeves.

She may very well be ok during the day, but cooler at night. Perhaps by the time it cools down, she'll be acclimated to the dress enough to be willing to wear a little sweater or something like that.

3. Wendy

Thanks Tink :hug2:

Her appointment is at 12 o'clock and we have a reservation at 1900 Park Fare at 4.45. I don't know what we will do afterwards, either go back to the house afterwards or maybe a wander round the resorts.

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

It might be worth in the meantime looking out for a pretty white cardigan for her to wear over if she got cold - there are some lovely things in the shops at the moment as the christmas/party ranges are in - could have spent a fortune in M&S for DD the other day :lol:

5. Wendy

I never thought of that Lisa, thank you :hug2: it's a great idea. You can tell I don't have children :lol:

Is it safe for me to go in there though or am I going to end up spending a fortune on her :unsure:

6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I'm not sure how you can be certain on the day, but I do think you're making the right decision regarding the "classic tiara" look...I have to say, IMO, the one's we saw while we were there with the extensions we're just *not* well done....

You ought to be able to find a nice faux fur stole or something similar for her to wrap up in if she gets chilly....

7. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

If anything shows up in our store in the next few weeks, I will let you know, Wendy . Too bad you don't know for sure whom she will want to be . We have a gorgeous blue Cinderella gown which has silver sparkly coaches going round the bottom . It is beautiful . 25 % off and I get 20 % We also have sleeping beauty/Aurora gowns . PM me, if interested sweetie .

8. lisaw

We prefered the classic look on the day as well - originally Caitlin wanted the one colour hair piece but they were either very blond or dark brown and she is somewhere inbetween, the bun was great as it stayed in perfectly the next day as well. :p015:

9. Wendy

I like the idea of th faux fur shrug Becca :yes:

Thanks everyone for the advice, I can't wait :D, I'll have to ask her Mum if I can post some photos here of her afterwards.

Thanks Debs, that is so sweet of you :hug2: At the moment she is saying Cinderella, but I have this feeling she will change her mind on the day.

The only Princess I will try and steer her away from is Belle because she has auburn hair and a pale complexion and yellows and reds just don't suit her.

10. lisaw

Here are a couple of photos of DD, the first one shows the bun and the tiara that comes with that look, the other was with the tinkerbell headress that comes with that outfit. (sorry any excuse to show photos :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH HOW SWEET!!!!

...and you don't need an excuse to post pictures!!! You just keep on posting!

12. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

aww that's cute. I like the bun myself for the little princesses. Not fond of the hair pieces.

13. Wendy

Lisa, she is adorable, thank you for showing us :hug2: Livvie has a fringe but they should still be able to do the bun OK, I hope :fingers:

Did she had the mickey hair clips at the back as well :unsure:

14. lisaw

Yes it was one diamante Mickey clip in the back of the bun. :p015: There were lots of little girls with fringes and they looked lovely.
    :)

15. Wendy

Thanks Lisa :hug2:

16. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Another possibility would be a knitted or crocheted stole--if you know anyone who has either skill. :) Harder to keep on then a shrug, though, so the shrug would be a better idea.

If you check in the costume areas of stores at home, you might find something suitable, since it's almost Halloween. :)

17. Wendy

Thanks Taja, this is what I love about Secrets :D I get such brilliant advice and help :hug2:

18. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

19. Wendy

Thanks Debs :hug2: