1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Biergarten (Germany) Epcot

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by gwennie81, Oct 6, 2011.

1. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Deb, it will seem odd at first, but I think you'll find it lots of fun. I know, while I was living in Germany they did that share the table everywhere.

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I must admit, the sharing of tables has put me off as well, even more so now that I have to use a stick, I'm really self conscious and I hate to get in anyone's way.

3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Unlike me (GUFFAW!), Jon is a very shy person. He TRULY hates feeling as though he is being "forced" to engage in conversation with anyone. Luckily, the beer was enough of a draw to encourage him to set that aside for what has now been, many, lovely lunches (we prefer lunch there to dinner based on price point and the knowledge that they really don't add much to the dinner menu).

Each experience has been different. Interaction has sometimes been limited to a polite nod of acknowledgement upon sitting down and afterwards nothing more than a smile during the "ooompah loompah band" (sorry, family joke) and a polite goodbye upon leaving. There have also been times when a conversation naturally occurs based on some common ground and continues on throughout lunch until you realize that you've now heard the band 4 times and you've not even had dessert! I actually still exchange emails with a lovely couple we met there during the Food&Wine Festival a few years ago! And that was all from JON'S conversation with the gentleman over his choice of beer!!

All that to say it truly can be as little or as much as you'd like it to be. All in all, it's not much different than having tables sat very close together in a "regular" restaurant. Give a try! I think you'll enjoy it!

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Some time when we are there together we'll have to do this.

5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

[video=youtube;WR8VmCDdt5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR8VmCDdt5o[/video]

Tom :)macwave:... Oans, zwoa, drei, g'suffa! Prost!)

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:hug2: :hug2: that would be good :)

7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Sounds like a good time Gwennie. I guess we never put it on our radar when at Epcot probably because to us it is way to close to our Bush Gardens experience. We have a BG park in nearby Williamsburg that used to be called the Old Country but is now called Bush Gardens Williamsburg. It features European themed parks. One of the largest is the section of Germany. There is a huge festhaus there with the band, dancer, German food and oh yeah BEER. Old Anheiser Bush brewery there.

So for us it was been there done that. We had many years of season passes so the Epcot offering was just too similar.

My brother and I always find a way to stop there for a beer. Sometimes a pretzel. We find a nice place to sit and people watch and look out over the water....ah good times...good times.

8. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

We were seated with another family but didn't really start talking to them until well into our meal. We were too busy chatting up our waiter.
    But, we started talking about beer somehow. The dad turned out to be a Miller distributor. And I was sitting by the grandpa who was a Vietnam Vet.
    We chatted for a little bit and then it was time for them to leave (they were already on dessert by the time we were seated).
    I come from a naturally chatty family so, we didn't mind the sitting with strangers part.

I was more afraid of being seated by someone that DIDN'T want to talk more than someone who did. LOL!
    But honestly, you don't have to chat with your table-mates if you don't want. Like someone said before, just smile & nod. They'll get the point.

9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We did have this family give us dirty looks for drinking one time though. That was weird. Otherwise, it is lots of fun and the food is tasty!