1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Biergarten World Showcase

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Isafari, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I'm going to try and book a Candlelight Processional package tomorrow and can't decide on a restaurant.

We've never tried Biergarten before and I was quite surprised that I like quite a few things on their menu. The thing that is putting me off is having to sit at a table with others.

Are there any tables for two here?
    Would you recommend Biergarten?

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I would definitely eat there again. When my parents and I visited a few years ago we ate. We are very to ourselves and really didn't talk to others sitting at the table, but it didn't seem weird, if that makes sense. They had their family, we had ours and that was basically it.

3. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

I've eaten at the Biergarten and loved it. The first time was back in '95 and I was traveling with my fiance and two other recently-married-not-yet-toting-kids friends. We had a ball and found that the folks seated with us were quite friendly. The next time I ate there, I was a kid-toting-parent with two kids under ten; again, we had a fantastic time, and having other people at the table wasn't a problem at all.
    Is the Biergarten a secluded, romantical dining experience for couples? Mmmmaybe not. But it *is* fun and delicious! And you can hold hands and play footsie under the table with your companion if you want to...[​IMG]

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They do have tables for two, but just a couple and they are along the far edge of the restaurant and the view of the show area is less than great.

We do NOT like dining with strangers as you know, but we've always been ok at Biergarten. We did do the table for two once, and have since chosen to eat wherever they put us (but we do request the end seats).

I think you would like it. :yes: Germany is quite festive at Christmas, and the buffet is good! I hope they have schnitzel on it when you are there. Their chicken schnitzel is so good! :yes:

Herself loves the sauerbraten (I don't care for it, not a fan of the dish anywhere) and the red cabbage.

I like their spaetzle too, and this wicked delicious pastry style dessert. :yes:

So! All that to say, GO! Have a wonderful time of it! :yes:

5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We really liked Biergarten, thought the food was very good which surprised me being a fussy wotsit who doesn't eat any meat except chicken :lol:

The four of us were seated in the middle of a table for eight - we had a couple at one end and a single man at the other end, we didn't converse with the other people at all :unsure: but it didn't feel odd at all, like Foreverducky said :yes: It definitely wouldn't put us off eating there again :)

6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Thanks guys....I've booked it :yes:
    Candlelight processional at 6.45pm with a 4.15pm ADR at Biergarten. :D

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Having lived in Germany for many years, the first time I ate at Biergarten, several years ago I was NOT impressed. I have eaten there again more recently however, and the food has improved tremendously.

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I didn't care for it the first time I went but we went back earlier this year and it was much better.

I don't mind the communal seating. You don't have to carry on a conversation with your neighbors. A nice hi, how are you will suffice.

9. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I agree w/ Johnie...we were sat with a couple w/ children last time we were there and made a bit of small talk at the beginning of the meal, but that was the extent of it. It didn't seem awkward or unpleasant in anyway...but then again you know Johnie and I, we could carry on a conversation with the plastic bread loaf and never bat an eye. Jon is not as "chatty" as she and I though, and even he didn't seem bothered by it. That could have been the "Optimator" though :wink:

10. Johnie

:tongue: yes the Intimidator is a good way to loosen tongues

11. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

One of the beer tents at the real Oktoberfest is much more fun though. :tongue:

12. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I'm sure Jon would agree :) But he's placated with EPCOT's Germany, and that means I get more frequent trips, so don't tell him, ok? :)

13. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I've never eaten there but, my opinion of eating with other people is, in most places you're only sitting mere inches from another table anyway. What's the difference? Make some new friends. It's DISNEY! It seems like the type of environment where sitting by strangers may be fun anyway. I might go there this weekend and try it out...

14. Johnie

Oh Gwennie, that is so true! When we ate in Mexico, I did everything I could to act like I wasn't eavesdropping but I couldn't help it!