1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Biergarten?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Mags, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Has anyone tired Biergarten in Epcot? We used to love Akershus before they changed it into a character venue so I thought I would give this restaurant a go. My kids just love salads - cold meat, fish, potato salad, leaves etc, so I thought this might be the one for them. I hope I have made a wise choice. I prefer the beer myself. :yes:

Margaret

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We've been once. The buffet was plentiful and we were able to try some new things. We really liked the band too. It was a fun time.

3. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

My DS and his family dined there a couple of years ago and they loved it! The food, the music, and the kids had a blast.

4. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Dh and I really liked it there. As Johnie said the band was great and it is a really fun place. I liked that it was a buffet because you could try a tiny amount of things to see if you liked them. I found the food to be really good. We also got one of the beer samples where you can pick 6 or so different ones to try and that made the whole meal that much better :p015:

5. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

We go every trip...it's fun and the food is good :)

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We've been here several times over the years. Although, I can't say I really enjoy sitting with strangers (you know me well enough by now) the food and entertainment has always been very good! :yes:

Things have changed, and there are some of my favorites that are no longer offered, but all in all I'd say give it a try. :yes: It used to be one of the best values at WDW, but since they raised the price that is no longer the case. :sigh;

Once when we were there, a couple at the same table were commenting on the food. He said he didn't really like "those little white things" and she said they were potatoes. Ummmmm...they were dumplings! :lol: We didn't say anything, but it was really hard as she went on to give him this huge explanation about how Germans did "things" to their potatoes to make them soft and fluffy. :lol:

7. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We've been there a few times now, I really like it, although I tend to go for the starters rather than the mains....

8. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Thanks everyone. I think it would really be their thing. Looking forward to the entertainment too. :p015:

Margaret

9. hayleyneeyore

hayleyneeyore Earning my ears

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  10. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I did find plenty to eat even though I'm a self proclaimed picky eater. The band and atmosphere was great, but I didn't enjoy sitting with other people. I don't mind talking to folks and meeting new people when I'm out and about in disney, but not when I'm sitting down to eat with my family. It's just weird for me.