1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Bits and Bobs news....

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Isafari, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Bert (from Mary Poppins), Eric (from Little Mermaid) and Wendy (from Peter Pan) will soon no longer be regular characters in Magic Kingdom. The last day for regular meet and greet opportunities will be October 2nd, after this they will only appear randomly around the park.

Also in Magic Kingdom the Muppet Pre-parade will be performing for the last time on October 2nd. The parade originally opened to help promote the “What Will You Celebrate" campaign for 2010. Disney recently announced the campaign to replace this for 2011 will be named "Let the Memories Begin."

Phineas, Ferb and Perry (from the Disney Channel)are rumoured to debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios early next year. It is thought the vehicle that was previously used by the Power Rangers characters is currently being remodelled for Phineas, Ferb.

Elsewhere at Disney’s Hollywood Studios the High School Musical 3 show will be closing on October 2nd. The new show Disney Channel Rocks! is scheduled to open on October 22nd. The new show will feature songs from High School Musical, Camp Rock, and StarStruck.

In Epcot the Future World area of the park will be changing hours of operation from Sunday October 3rd. Instead of closing early this part of Epcot will remain open until the park closes at 9pm.

Attached Files:

2. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Dont think i ever saw any of those characters!

3. Isafari

They were in the afternoon parade :yes:

4. Isafari

So pleased that Futureworld is staying open to match the park hours from tomorrow :thumbsup: It seemed rather silly for half of the park to close early.

5. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

The last time I was at Epcot was in August and it was Extra Magic Hours. Amy & I headed back to Future World to ride Soarin' one last time and the line was literally backed up to the wait time sign! I think keeping Future World open a little while after Illuminations makes sense since that's the way people naturally herd after the fireworks. BTW, Amy & skipped Soarin' and went to Test Track and rode "single rider". We got on within ~3 minutes and ended up in the same car. We also rode Spaceship Earth which wasn't busy either. You just had to flash your room key card to get on the rides.

6. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

AND I rode Mission:Space with ~ 5 minute wait.