1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Blackberry pearl

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by mainecoon lover, Jan 4, 2009.

1. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Ok just upgraded my phone and have gone with the Blackberry pearl. Any thoughts on it. I am going to keep hold of my Nokia n95 just in case i hate it. I know the camera is not as good.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

It's an.... interesting phone ;)

No seriously, loads of people absolutely love it and a small number just can't get on with it. It's a very different experience to the N95 as you may know.

The keyboard is weird at first because of the 2 letters on each but I found it relatively easy to get used to and it's a fast system if you put the time in.

3. mainecoon lover

Think it will take me a little time to get use to it, so i will keep the N95 for a few weeks. I was intrested in the Curve but they all seem to be not using it anymore. Once stock has gone thats it. sadly the two shops i went to they had no stock :(

4. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

Never used the Pearl Michelle, but I just got a Curve 3 weeks before before Christmas - I'd asked for a Storm but as they only do them with VF no can do. Though when they come out on other networks and the glitches have been ironed out I think I'd like one. Anyway, the Curves were extra upgrades in DH company phone upgrade - maybe they were trying to get rid of them if they're phasing them out?. Strangely enough there is currently a spare in the cupboard as DH hasn't deded whether he wants to go Blackberrying yet. I have gotten used to it surprisingly quickly and am really liking it so far, especially having a "normal" keyboard, though sometimes my fingers can be a little big for the buttons if I don't have long fingernails to nail them with!

I tried the N96 for 2 weeks before that but I just couldn't deal with it. Lovely screen, but the keyboard was awkward and the whole phone too heavy to make texting easy.

Just realised none of that told you anything you wanted to know:rotfl:

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

The curve has kinda sorta kinda been superceded (ish) by the bold. The curve was for sure a great blackberry that seemed to fix all the things that were wrong with the earlier ones.

The storm may well turn out to be an iphone beater but it hasnt got me convinced yet

The beauty of the pearl is of course its size. It's like a regular candy bar phone but with all the nice email features and so on

6. mainecoon lover

v

I love the N95 but hate the N96 it looks very cheap and can not bilieve Nokia took a back would step. Its nice to know you have gotten use to it quickly. Not got mine yet as out of stock but it should be here tuesday.

[QUOTEThe curve has kinda sorta kinda been superceded (ish) by the bold. The curve was for sure a great blackberry that seemed to fix all the things that were wrong with the earlier ones.

The storm may well turn out to be an iphone beater but it hasnt got me convinced yet

The beauty of the pearl is of course its size. It's like a regular candy bar phone but with all the nice email features and so on
    ][/QUOTE]

They tried to get me to have a storm but i was not paying the £40 a month contract. I only use mine to text carers, parents and dh, so i would never use it that much to make it worth £40 a month. At the moment i pay £15 a month for 100 texts and have in the last 6 months been paying £25 as over texting. I now pay £24 for 300 texts and 300 minutes so think i am happy with that.