1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Blue Man Group Trip report

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Johnie, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We went to see The Blue Man Group at Universal on Sat., July 5th at 3pm. To be honest, I didn't really know anything about this show other than it was 3 bald guys who are painted blue......

The theater is really easy to get to. It's located between the Universal entrance and the Hard Rock Cafe. I was able to get a AAA discount on tickets and they were mailed to us. They have a vendor outside selling souveniers so you don't even need to go in the building for that. They also had a cart selling snacks outside. The show was at 3 and we arrived around 2:30pm. There was a very short line. There is also souvenier vendors inside along with a more extensive snack bar. We bought 2 drinks and a souvenier popcorn bucket for $12.50.

The theater is much smaller than I thought it would be. There is the front section that has about 4 or 5 rows and they provide ponchos to everyone in those rows. We were in the next section, 2nd row, in the center. Pretty awesome seats. We could see great and didn't need to wear a poncho!

At the beginning of the show, they have a teleprompter thingie with words on it, telling you things like "there is no intermission, the time to pee is NOW" and other funny things. They also did a thing where they picked people out of the audience for us to talk to. They decided to pick me and tell everyone it was my birthday! (it is not :lol:) They also give people strips of paper and we all made headbands out of them too.

The show was really interesting. They did get a few people from the audience involved and had them come on stage. There is lots of audience participation involved in the paper moving. It's hard to describe. The girls really loved it. I thought it was fun but odd. I can say I've done it now.

2. Mike

Mike Imagineer

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    We're booked in for this next month, and are looking forward to it. Traditionally I've always done Cirque, but reckon this should make a refreshing change. Thanks for the report.:p015:

Mike.

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I've seen them in Las Vegas--three times! Someone always want to see them who hasn't, so off we go!

Overall, I enjoy the show. As long as I have ear plugs! It's waaaaay too loud for me, so I need to muffle the sound a bit. :)

4. Johnie

Yes, it was loud.

All in all, I really enjoy cirque more. We saw a touring production of Saltimbanco. That was phenomenal!

5. Mike

Mike Imagineer

.. it was, wasn't it? We saw Saltimbanco in Manchester UK a few years agao, and more recently we watched Delirium there... superb!:p015:

... just a bit concerned, as we have a couple of oldies and a couple of teens in our group... would you say you are especially sensitive to loud noises? Do they bother others in your family or party? Anyone else have any issues with the volume levels?

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

At the trafford centre? we could have waved, we were there too :)

7. keith

erm erm erm I was told by someone that at the vegas one they pinned someone to their seat and put a little camera down their throat :/ I'm assuming that was either a lie or massive exaggeration? (I hope :lol: )

8. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I'm okay with fireworks and such, but I don't like my entertainment too loud! :lol:

I buy the least expensive foam ear plugs to use at concerts and other large venues. They muffle the volume just enough to make it enjoyable!

Even the sound systems at cinemas are too loud for me.

9. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Didn't happen at any that I've attended! :eek:

You never know, they may have done it a few times!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  10. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Im really looking forward to seeing them next month too. Thanks for the report Johnie.

Margaret

11. Tink2

Tink2 Earning my ears

Thanks for the report - DH and DD are going to see this next month.

12. Johnie

I don't think they really put a camera down the person's throat.....it certainly looked like the inside of someone's throat though.

It wasn't as loud as a rock concert but it was loud. If your sensitive to noise, i'd bring ear plugs. They also had strobe lighting in case that's a consideration.

13. Mike

Mike Imagineer

.. that's it Keith, in the TC car park!:yes: You up nawth too then?

14. keith

yep! :yes: