1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Boardwalk entertainment

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Isafari, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We've been to the Boardwalk a couple of times but we only walk up and down the promenade taking in some of the street entertainment and.....I always have to buy a cake at the bakery, sit on a bench and just sit looking out over the lake....so relaxing.

However, I know there are a few bars/entertainment buildings there which we've never even seen inside.
    I think I would like Jellyrolls and will maybe give it a go this next trip.
    Anyone been to Jellyrolls? What was the atmosphere like?

Anywhere you would recommend? Also a good place to eat there? Are there any dress codes?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

No dress codes. :) I've not ever been in Jelly Rolls, but that was because they allowed smoking. I don't know if it's the same case now, though.

Flying Fish is a very popular place to dine there. Actually, all of the places to have a meal have a pretty good reputation, so choose based on your preferences. :yes:

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

do u know i have never been to the boardwalk!!!

its a must for next time

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I love the Boardwalk it has such a good atmosphere in the evening. We walked the full circuit after eating at Cape May one evening. We usually just spend the time watching the street entertainers but we have been in the ESPN bar before. Would like a meal there one evening. :yes:

5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I believe smoking is still permitted in Jellyrolls.

It's a dueling piano format--and they take requests! It's fun, but it gets a bit loud for my taste. I'm more an AC person! :)

6. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

We stayed at Boardwalk last trip. It was fabulous. We were able to see alot of the entertainment from our balcony. We never made it into any of the clubs, but we were just content to walk around. The atmosphere is wonderful. And the kids loved the bakery and ice cream shop. And I highly recommend Spoodles...YUM!

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I second Spoodles. It is so good. The entertainment comes out in the evening and is a lot of fun. I haven't been to Jellyrolls though but I've heard good things about it.

We did go to the Big River Brewing Company or whatever it's name is. But I really didn't care for it. I mean it's ok in a pinch but it's not my favorite place to go. They have a cheese soup which was really just melted cheese, not yummy like at Le Cellier.

8. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Oh gosh, we went some place there last August that had a dance floor and played great 80's music (mostly). We had a blast. There was this guy that was toasted and he was so funny, he was like the only one out there and he didn't care. It was hilarious.

9. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

If it gets too smokey, that would put me off a little as I wear contacts and my eyes really sting in smoly atmospheres.
    Oh my...it gets too loud for you and AC was more your taste!!! I thought AC was loud....am I getting old :lol:

Now DH would love this place but I imagine we would look like grandparents there!