1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Bob Iger Gets a Pay Cut

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Iger's bonus was reduced by $3 million because Disney's "strong" results did not outperform his targets "by the same extraordinary amount as in fiscal 2012," the board said in a proxy filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday.

The reduced 2013 salary also included what Disney said was an increase in the discount rate that caused "a change in the value of his pension benefit of $3.1 million."

The Disney board did not change Iger's $2.5 million salary from 2012 when he earned $40.2 million.
    In awarding Iger a $13.6 million cash performance bonus, the board's compensation committee said Disney did beat Iger's four financial performance measures taken together. But the weighted average of 112 per cent of the targets fell below the 132 per cent in 2012.

Those measures include segment operating income, diluted earnings per share on an adjusted basis, after-tax free cash flow, and return on invested capital.

Charles M. Elson, director of the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware, said, "The fact that his compensation went down is a good thing if the company did not reach the same level of performance - it shows internal guidelines working."

Disney also announced that Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter, has been named to Disney's board of directors and will be up for election on March 18. Iger said that "Mr. Dorsey's perspective would be extremely valuable given our strategic priorities."

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm kinda' sorta' speechless.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I think it's easy at this time of year, to forget the plight of those Disney board members earning less than $40Million a year. We have to remember that mansions don't run themselves and private jet fuel costs are so silly. I just feel like we should have a collection for the guy or something? Perhaps next time we're both in Orlando, I'll buy the guy lunch. Not on Disney property of course, neither of us could afford THOSE prices, but perhaps Perkins. I know poor Bob will be in my thoughts tonight.

4. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Addicted to Mickey

Lol, so funny Keith

5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I really couldn't have said it better myself. Thank goodness for Obamacare so now he'll at least be able to afford health insurance. :mental:

Tom ( :macwave:... sadly in need of a significant raise if I'm to keep up with the Iger's.)

6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Well. Wow. I guess I can share my fruitcake?