1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

BOG Lunch

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Tishypops, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

Has anyone done BOG for lunch yet?
    I have heard that you order on the touch screens yourself and then go find a table and someone brings your food out to you. I am a little confused now because this is classed as a counter service but you have someone bringing your food to you so what is the policy on gratuities?
    Also when ordering food I usually have to ask for specific things like sandwiches to be completely plain (no mustard/mayonnaise etc) for DH or no cheese on top of the kids pasta is there a function on the screens to do this?
    And also (final question I promise) if this was a normal counter service I would probably order one serving of macaroni and 1 (possibly 2 depending on if they were saying they were especially hungry) serving of fries for the girls. With them bringing your food to you would it be ok to just ask for an extra plate from them?

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

When you reach the front and it is your turn, you will be directed either to a cast member who will take your order or to a self-serve kiosk. If you prefer to go to the cast member then ask when you get to the front of the line, you will then be able to give them your requirements.

You order your food and then you are given a pink rose which you take with you to a table of your choice, the rose will help the server bring your meal to you in a covered hot trolley - cold food is in the bottom of the trolley.

It differs to most counter service restaurants, because you are served at your table, but there is a drinks area where you refill your own drinks. Another nice touch is you get real plates and real cutlery, not paper and plastic.

3. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I like the idea of real plates and cutlery.

4. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

Thanks for the information!

Now a piggyback question: for people that have been there for lunch, how was the food? :) And is it true you can kind of wander through the dining rooms after you eat and get a good look at everything?

5. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Looking forward to my visit in september

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We are hoping to go for lunch as well and we are there a few weeks before you, so I will post some details after we have been.

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We were able to wander through after our dinner in February. There is one room that is ONLY open during lunch and we weren't able to see it. We'll be doing lunch and dinner there in December.