1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

boma or jiko?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by DisneyAddict, Feb 7, 2009.

1. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

we'll have time for one meal at the animal kingdom lodge so want to choose carefully

Which is better, boma or jiko?

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Boma is a buffet and Jiko is a more formal restaurant. Both are exellent it just depends what you want. Do you have children?

If it was me going i would go to both - i guess if i really had to choose it would be Boma for its more informal atmosphere and i like to taste little bits of lots of things.

if you have a look in the recipe section you will find menus from both to help you make the decision.

3. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

are they in the animal kingdom or the hotel by it? Can we go there to eat if we dont stay there?

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

they are in the Animal Kingdom lodge which has free parking and yes you can go and have a look at any of the resorts if you're not staying. Animal Kingdom lodge is one of the must sees.

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Wow. Tough choice. Like Brit, I like to have tastes of many things if I am going out to eat, and Boma does a really nice job of a fairly unique buffet selection.

Having said that, we love Jiko. The appetizer, Tastes of Africa is incredible. :yes:

It will depend upon your personal preference, of course and the amount you wish to spend (Boma being more budget friendly). :D

Keep in mind that Boma has a rotational menu for portions of its buffet (carving meat and soups...etc.).

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I like both. Boma is the best bet if you want to try all sorts of different things. They do a really good job with the buffet.

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Wow, tough choice. JIKO has become our favorite restaurant at WDW. But Boma has a fantastic buffet.

8. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

thanks everyone I think we'll go and visit and try Jiko for a romantic evening