1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question book Disney diy or through a travel agent

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by AKLnut, Sep 3, 2013.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

Hey, what do you reckon is the best way to book Disney?

I know a lot of people say diy for all the components but I also read that it was better to book a package holiday as you were covered in case anything happened to the operators that way?

I'd be interested in hearing how you book and plan

2. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

I book my flights first of all, generally on-line direct with Virgin and then go on to the Disney UK site and book hotel and everything with them. I can never be bothered to sit in a travel agents and I thoroughly enjoy doing it all myself. This time I'm responsible for 6 of us so feel the responsibility quite heavily o_O 'cos if anything goes wrong it's Val's fault and I'm all prepared to start dodging bullets when something goes bottoms up

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It depends on your comfort level. Disney builds the cost of the TA into their bookings. Prices don't go down if you choose not to utilize it. My clients are fully capable of booking DIY but they like having me get up early to apply a code to get a discount or book dining, etc. I enjoy planning trips so it is a win win for everyone.

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

are you in the UK?