1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

book diy, online or high street travel agent?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Disfan, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

Hiya

Ive been pricing up 2009 holidays with disney.com and it seems easy enough to book online but Im thinking if travel agents book a lot at once they may get discounts I cant get?

I went shopping last night and the travel agent in there said that could match any internet offer

What would you do? is there any advantage or disadvantage with each option?
  2. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Well we used, and so do loads of other people a travel counsellor... Val Ramsay. She can get you some hot deals and I thoroughly recommend her. If you're interested I can give you a contact addy and number.
  3. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

Thanks Crayola its good to hear personal recommendations
  4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I'm a DIY from way back...of the 12 or so trips we've taken to Disney, I've booked all but one (our very first one) on my own. Why? Mostly because I enjoy it :D I love the planning side of our trips...I enjoy making dining reservations, planning our days, and being involved in every aspect of our trip.

Can I see an advantage to using a TA? Absolutely! IMO, I think they can be a bit more useful to those traveling internationally rather than those in the US, especially as far as cost effectiveness (those phone calls to the US aren't free!) is concerned. TA's offer a "go between" that can be very useful if you are especially busy or in another country...but if you're asking me if they can get you special discounts at Disney that you couldn't get yourself, my answer, my opinion, wold be no. I think if you are willing to research (especially on a site like this) special offers you can certainly find them...the key word is "willing." TA's are a valuable resource because it is the profession, it is what they do...but I believe the same information and opportunities are available to the public at large if they are willing to seek them out.
  5. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Another recommendation for the lovely Val here too!!!
  6. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Val worked her magic for me this year and we got exactly what we wanted.... she had to call in a few favours but it got done. So we're more than happy! lol!