1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Booked our first DVC stay

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by lisaw, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

You may not need to do so!
    What Tink stated was that you have the ability to bank/borrow points in order to amass a lot more points for that really special vacation.
    Depending on where you stay and for how long, your points will allow you to visit as often as your points will allow.
    Tink & I have been members of DVC since the early days of it`s birth [1992 in my case], and our original investment has paid for itself over and over again by now.
    My only regret is not buying more points than I did at the outset.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Us too, Slowhand. We should have bought more back then, eh?

I didn't mean to imply that you had to wait three years for a vist. I was explaining how you can use three years of points for an elaborate vacation.

You can choose to use your points for yearly visits, multiple visits during the year, however you please! :yes:

3. disneywishmom

disneywishmom Earning my ears

Now I understand! Thanks for the great info!

4. disneywishmom

disneywishmom Earning my ears

Ok.... I am still trying to wrap my brain around this DVC thing. How do you lose points? Because I keep reading about people losing points. I thought you could bank them. Can you finance it through Disney or do you have to pay outright? My husband and I are interested but just don't know if it would suit us. For the amount of what we have spend on disney vaca each year, it seems like it would be something we should look into. So we want to make sure it would be an investment that would suit us.:confused:

5. Tink

You can finance through Disney. :yes:

Lose points? :unsure: Only if you don't bank the unused ones by your deadline each year. Not sure why anyone would want to do that? (Fail to bank, I mean).

You can bank even a few points. Depending upon your use year (determined by the timeframe in which you purchase) you will have the schedule for banking all or part of your points. No reason not to know when they need to be banked. :yes:

6. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We have booked our stay at AKV completely now - 18 nights in all, just need to add 3 nights at POR to the end of our trip now.

Sometimes thoughts come into my head of seeing if I could get BWV or BCV at 7 months for some of the stay but I don't really fancy packing and unpacking 3 times and wasting precious Disney time. We'll see ...

7. cathydisneynut

cathydisneynut Imagineer

That's what we did for this years holiday, banked some of last years points to this use year, and borrowed from next use year.

I managed that!. Only lost 12 points though. I can't even remember how I managed to mess it up though!

Welcome home, Lisaw! Have a lovely time!:hug2:

8. Tink

Ooooh! Cathy! :( You can call and have them restored (but only right around the time when you've made the calculation error). :( Thank heaven it was only 12 points!

If it ever happens again, ask for the one time only courtesy of having them reinstated so you can bank them. :yes:

9. cathydisneynut

cathydisneynut Imagineer

Thanks Tink! :hug2::hug2: