1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Booked Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays for August.

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by lisaw, Feb 28, 2009.

1. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

He is saving madly for spends for the shop but he has a shirt coming for his birthday which he doesn't know about - I'm sure there will be lots of other things for him to spend his money on though :D
  2. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

What date have you booked it for Lisa?
  3. lisaw

The 15th August - our first Saturday, should be ready for a sit down by then :lol: Didn't realise I would have to do an aerobics session in the middle of the game though! :lol:
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You'll be fine driving. :yes: We just use the game as an excuse to stay over, walk along the pier and go to Ceviche. :D :D

Aerobics? :laugh: OOOOOOEEEE! I never thought of it that way! :laugh:
  5. lisaw

Believe me all that stretching counts an exercise in my world! :lol:

What time would you suggest we get to the carpark? The game starts just after 7pm. I think there is stuff going on, entertainment etc. It says to get there early - but how early do you think? :unsure:
  6. Tink

Oh geez. Parking is brutal. :( I'd get there at least one full hour early. There might not be much going on and they may not even allow you to enter that early, but you'll have a miserable time parking otherwise.

You could park in St. Pete's (near the beach area/downtown) and take the free shuttle. That would allow you to arrive early, walk around St. Pete, get something to eat and not have to worry about the car park. Then when the game is over you take the shuttle back to the area you parked, and avoid all the hassle of getting out of the park.

That will all depend upon whether you want the hassle of not parking at the game! :unsure:

That helped a lot didn't it? :rolleyes: :sorry:
  7. lisaw

Thanks Tink - we will probably play it by ear when we are there, I will make sure we have directions for the parking near the shuttle.

They are doing a car pool deal this year I notice where if there are 4 or more in a car you get free parking at the ground.

We were planning on shopping in the morning, lunch at The Cheesecake factory at Mall of Millennia and then head off to Tampa around 3ish.
  8. Tink

Oooh, I don't know. That can be one long ride, especially when there is a game on.

Sometimes things get quite backed up. You could be fine, but I'm a serious worrier, and I'd plan on leaving earlier.

Good to know about the free parking! :yes: That will be very nice for you! :yes:
  9. lisaw

I am a worrier too - we'll leave earlier :lol: :hug2:
  10. Tink

The problem is, if there is a traffic incident on the way, you will be stuck as there isn't really any other way into the Tampa/St. Pete area other than I4 (once you get past a certain point). I've missed meetings before because of those sorts of things, so I've learned to arrive early and stand around and wait. :sigh:

There are things to do there though, so if you are too early you can easily go to the pier at St. Pete's Beach and have a walk around and enjoy yourselves. :yes: